are there strange named places in your part of the world.

Help Support CattleToday:

Here in Louisiana we have:

Pumpkin Center
Baptist
Frost
Ethel
Robert
Alexandria
Bouga Chitto
Maurepas

and lots of others that usually get mispronounced for some reason ;-)

Don't forget about Earth TX. I just love it when somebody asks me on the cell phone where I'm at and I say Earth. Usually they get mad and then I tell them to look at the map.

There are a lot of names in Australia that originate from Aboriginal dialects,many different tribes are in our country. Some names have been Anglisised to sound a bit better. The meanings have often been lost by doing this.
I have village down the road called Drake,it was named after some government official way back,now its a good place for those wanting to opt out of the workforce and to grow green stuff. The stuff looks like Margold or Stinking Roger plants that they ultimately smoke.

heres a few places i have trail rode thru.. coon creek,queer branch(it;s in national forest) panther den rd,possum haller-it under the new river gorge bridge..duck,gilbowa, hodem mt.. grassy creek..erbacon, ok ok i have to stop lol never really thought about it but i guess we got some real winners lol

Australian Cattleman":1t4fkgw5 said:
There are a lot of names in Australia that originate from Aboriginal dialects,many different tribes are in our country. Some names have been Anglisised to sound a bit better. The meanings have often been lost by doing this.

Like a place in New South Wales, Aust. called Coolongolook. Meaning something like a location inland and leftward, from a location on the coast.

Australian Cattleman":1t4fkgw5 said:
I have village down the road called Drake,it was named after some government official way back,now its a good place for those wanting to opt out of the workforce and to grow green stuff. The stuff looks like Margold or Stinking Roger plants that they ultimately smoke.

I've even heard of people smoking dried Cane Toad skins. Crikey, I'm sure we're going to end up with a proportion of the population as psychotics roam'n around the place with that sort of recreation... :roll:

Australian Cattleman, isn't there a town up near you called Woodenbong? :lol:

Latest posts