Here we are again

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
The first day of daylight savings. It is a few minutes after 7:00 Pacific daylight time. Still dark out. I am sitting here waiting for daylight so I can go out to feed. Yesterday I was done feeding by 7:15. I don't mind daylight savings at all but the transition always screws me up for a day or three.

I hate daylight savings time and wish that this state did not change like the other 2 states in the US don't change. But being near DC and all the loonies there... they will vote for DST if it ever becomes "allowable...
I always feel like I am "late" with DST... and there is not "quitting and going in the house at a reasonable time" with DST in the summer... I just do not operate well on it.

Here on the western edge of the Eastern Time Zone, we get the full effects of Daylight Savings. Noon on "Sun Time" will now be closer to 3 PM.
I tend to waste that extra daylight after supper but am always out at break of day.
The Kentucky Legislature is considering a bill to eliminate DST; I hope it becomes law.

I quit wearing a watch 18 years ago. Most people you make an appointment with don't intend to honor the time they set, but I'm always on time for them. Don't need a chain on your wrist to be on time for an appointment.
I quit in the 80s, but since around 2000 I do use cell/smartazz phone!
Promptness is a virtue!
And it pees me off too No End, when I have a doctors appointment at 2:30, I get there at 2:15, they put me in a little room at 2:50, The doctor shows up at 3:05, and stays 4.5 mins!!!

Now that I don't have to be anywhere and I refuse to go along with this time change bs. Back when I was working the ICU I had to get up at 3:30 am biological time. Biological time is the true time of our biological clocks. Livestock now this. Show up an hour late to milk your cows and they will let you know about it.

I like the longer evenings that comes with DST but wish they would just leave the time like this year round. Arkansas put forth a bill to keep the time like this year round in Arkansas but it got shot down supposedly due to kids walking to school in the dark in the winter if time was to stay on DST.

I like the longer evenings that comes with DST but wish they would just leave the time like this year round. Arkansas put forth a bill to keep the time like this year round in Arkansas but it got shot down supposedly due to kids walking to school in the dark in the winter if time was to stay on DST.
There's a simple fix for that. Let the school change their hours of operation and start teaching kids later in the day. Lots of evidence says kids do better if school hours begin at a later time.

Of course the same people that rejected the time change wouldn't be comfortable with their kids doing better in school by changing their hours. We are creatures of habit.

Latest posts