are there strange named places in your part of the world.

Help Support CattleToday:

chrisy

Reaction score
Here are some in Mine...In Yorkshire there is HeII Ghyll, there is a sign there that says 'Welcome to HeII Ghyll and you can stand over the Ghyll bit and it looks like it says welcome to HeII'..... Wigglesworth and Giggleswick and Weepool.

then in Wales there is this place and if you can pronounce it you are better than me.

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch

This is the name of a town in North Wales. The name translates as "The church of St. Mary in the hollow of white hazel trees near the rapid whirlpool by St. Tysilio's of the red cave" in Welsh, has long claimed the fame of having the longest name in the world.

In the south of England there is Six mile Bottom, next to a town called Loo, (loo is a slang term for the toilet in England)

there are quite a few more the list goes on.

If I'm remembering correctly, there's a Blue Balls, PA.

Alice

There's a Bald Knob, Ark. Always did get a kick out of that one.

There's a small town near here called Fisher. That's not weird, but their sports teams are called the Bunnies. Don't know how that came about, but they take a lot of ribbing about it.

I always liked the name...Dime Box, TX

Alice

There's Merry Christmas texas right out of Longview there on Loop 281 and I-20.

Whiskey Flats is just about 25 east of me but the good folks there have tried to change the name to "Wheatland" but no one calls it that.

Going through Mississippi there is a town called WhyNot and Causeyville is on the other side of the main highway from it.

And don't forget Old Dime Box.

And then there's

Pumpville
Study Butte
Lajitas (which really does have a beerdrinking goat for a mayor)
Amarillo is spanish for Yellow
Kermit (yea like the frog)
West (which is actually dern near right in the middle)
Seven Sisters

Has anyone been to Truth Or Consequences N.M.?Z

MillIronQH":1usif1au said:
Has anyone been to Truth Or Consequences N.M.?Z

I have... went in feb. or march. met a lot of people in T or C... but nobody actually from there... it was weird

"Slap Out" Alabama would be one I've been to.

Dildo, Newfoundland

Blow-me-down, Newfoundland

Newfoundland has some strange places... a lot of them. It is a different kind of place all together, hahaha.

TCFC

College friends were from Bald Knob, Arkansas and Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
another friend in Arkansas lived off of Toad Suck Road

john250":hhkhjeub said:
In Indiana,
South Bend is in the North
North Vernon is in the South
And French Lick isn't what you might think.

The "midwest" is in the eastern USA.

Alice":uh0sn5vs said:
If I'm remembering correctly, there's a Blue Balls, PA.

Alice

You're correct, except it's Blue Ball, where Eby trailers are headquarted. It's just down the road from Intercourse, an amish town I believe. Which is just across the way from Bird-In-Hand. :lol:

cfpinz

I went to school in Miami. Miami, Manitoba that is. Population of about 300 souls. People would ask where we were from and we'd say Miami and they'd say 'My friends and I were thinking of flying down there next year'. Yep, call me from the airport. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Got lost in Alabama one night and ended up in Slapout, AL. I thought it was because it was slapout in the middle of nowhere but was told that it was because the General Store was always slapout of everything.

Chris

Latest posts