are there strange named places in your part of the world.

Help Support CattleToday:

There's a town called Hivesville here. There's a few more strange names around here, just none that I can think of off the top of my head.

Come by Chance
Pallamallawa
Baghdad (in Tasmania)
Humpty Doo (near Darwin)

Most Australian place names would probably sound odd but nothing like the names in New Zealand
"Waikikamukau"

Sounds like -Why kick a moo cow.

Tully
Australia

This aint near as good as some, but there's a spot just west of here where the river crosses, called Whisky Chitto.

There is a town here named Flushing. That is where the Portapotty company is based out of. No joke!

cfpinz":85cq8sde said:
Alice":85cq8sde said:
If I'm remembering correctly, there's a Blue Balls, PA.

Alice

You're correct, except it's Blue Ball, where Eby trailers are headquarted. It's just down the road from Intercourse, an amish town I believe. Which is just across the way from Bird-In-Hand. :lol:

cfpinz

Oops. I didn't read before I posted.

In Florida there is a few:

Two Egg

Kissimmee (A real cow town too.Has had rodeos there for decades)

I own land near Okahumpka indian name not sure what it means

Frostproof (it ain 't)

Tully":2wuynpwj said:
Come by Chance
Pallamallawa
Baghdad (in Tasmania)
Humpty Doo (near Darwin)

Most Australian place names would probably sound odd but nothing like the names in New Zealand
"Waikikamukau"

Sounds like -Why kick a moo cow.

Tully
Australia

I'd heard of Humpty Doo, not the others though, are any of them in Queensland by any chance? And I've also heard of Waikikamukau. There's a few weird ones in NZ. One that I always crack up about is "Whakatane", where the "wh" is pronounced as an "f" sound. :lol: :lol:

Earl Thigpen":3t5jipv9 said:
Scotland has one called the "Fifth of Firth". I think it might be a river - not sure though.

it's the 'Firth of Forth' Fife is a penisula in Eastern Scotland boardered on the North by the River Tay estuary, on the East by the North Sea and the Firth of Forth to the South. It is a river.

there is a place in Dorset/Hants England called The Wee House in Piddletrentide.

Latest posts