Anyone know anything about Omaha Steaks?

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":d11zwnh8 said:
skyhightree1":d11zwnh8 said:
NECowboy":d11zwnh8 said:
Probably I think they are pretty aggressive and probably even telemarket.

Guy here parked at a gas station asked me to fill his van up because he was out of gas and he would give me shrimp and some steaks I told him no thanks I raise my own steaks and don't buy meats out of someone's van. He looked at me like I was crazy for not taking him up on the deal.
Betcha if it was cheese he was trying to trade for gas you would have filled up his truck and two spare gas cans for a 10lb. block of cheese. :mrgreen:

He would have bought the shrimp if he hadn't just ate

Dave":1whbl5tb said:
Alan":1whbl5tb said:
Send it to me Alan. If you are going to send something to Sky just run out to Tillamook and get him some cheese. He would be shocked to find out what good cheese tastes like. Those guys in Texas..... well Texas already has everything. Just ask them they will tell you that. Me on the other hand am eating a thin heifer that got crippled. Most any steak would be an improvement. You could prevent me from converting to Tofu.

Here's where the thread goes to he//. Tillamook cheese is not where it's at. It's OK cheese. But if you want good cheese, order yourself some Cabot from Vermont. The good stuff that's aged for 24+ months, or the 5 yr even. It's not overly expensive and it's better than Tillamook any day of the week.

Bestoutwest":2gifhl2m said:
Dave":2gifhl2m said:
Alan":2gifhl2m said:
Send it to me Alan. If you are going to send something to Sky just run out to Tillamook and get him some cheese. He would be shocked to find out what good cheese tastes like. Those guys in Texas..... well Texas already has everything. Just ask them they will tell you that. Me on the other hand am eating a thin heifer that got crippled. Most any steak would be an improvement. You could prevent me from converting to Tofu.

Here's where the thread goes to he//. Tillamook cheese is not where it's at. It's OK cheese. But if you want good cheese, order yourself some Cabot from Vermont. The good stuff that's aged for 24+ months, or the 5 yr even. It's not overly expensive and it's better than Tillamook any day of the week.

I just pick Tillamook because it is close to Alan and a long ways from Sky. I agree it is OK cheese. If we have the real good stuff do we eat it ourselves or send it to Sky? Nothing against Sky......

D2Cat":3ik4abk0 said:
It's corn fed Nebraska beef. Can't be worth a sh**. I wouldn't eat after all the reports here!! :lol2:

Man them is fightin words!! :lol: Do us a favor and skip the "uptown" frozen omaha warehouse distributed corn fed beef of Omaha steaks and get the real deal from the heart of the beef state! There ain't no cattle ranches in the communist city of Omaha! :lol: I don't consider anything east of grand island, Nebraska anyways!

Alan":2z9jshdh said:
D2Cat":2z9jshdh said:
It's corn fed Nebraska beef. Can't be worth a sh**. I wouldn't eat after all the reports here!! :lol2:

Good point! Now I need to decide who to send the gift cards to, maybe Jo although I really don't feel offended. Maybe Sky, but a little worried about sending tenderloins to his cheese warehouse. TB or GB, maybe CB.......oh wait they're all Texans, can't send Nebraska beef to Texas. :lol:

Send them to me Alan. I'm pretty good at "re-gifting". ;-)

TexasBred":1eputbhg said:
Alan":1eputbhg said:
D2Cat":1eputbhg said:

Good point! Now I need to decide who to send the gift cards to, maybe Jo although I really don't feel offended. Maybe Sky, but a little worried about sending tenderloins to his cheese warehouse. TB or GB, maybe CB.......oh wait they're all Texans, can't send Nebraska beef to Texas. :lol:

Send them to me Alan. I'm pretty good at "re-gifting". ;-)

I almost threw up eating a steak in Dallas and it was no corn fed beef either! :lol:

NECowboy, you don't have a lick of sense. The reality is everybody all over the country is eating the same beef from the same packing plants.

NECowboy":1ryk70lp said:
greybeard":1ryk70lp said:
I was talkin about the "apple thing".

Knew that no self-respecting Texan would admit to liking Nebraska beef.

You don't even claim Nebraska as your state, and good ice cream is ever bit as good as a good steak..... Well after the steak.

ga.prime":pwv3schr said:
NECowboy, you don't have a lick of sense. The reality is everybody all over the country is eating the same beef from the same packing plants.

Dude I'm just joking chill out.

Alan":3fce0lpm said:
NECowboy":3fce0lpm said:
greybeard":3fce0lpm said:
I was talkin about the "apple thing".

Knew that no self-respecting Texan would admit to liking Nebraska beef.

You don't even claim Nebraska as your state, and good ice cream is ever bit as good as a good steak..... Well after the steak.

I claim it just not a husker fan I'm a gamecock fan!

Alan":1hhoukxx said:
D2Cat":1hhoukxx said:

:lol:

callmefence":1hhoukxx said:
TexasBred":1hhoukxx said:
skyhightree1":1hhoukxx said:
Guy here parked at a gas station asked me to fill his van up because he was out of gas and he would give me shrimp and some steaks I told him no thanks I raise my own steaks and don't buy meats out of someone's van. He looked at me like I was crazy for not taking him up on the deal.
Betcha if it was cheese he was trying to trade for gas you would have filled up his truck and two spare gas cans for a 10lb. block of cheese. :mrgreen:

He would have bought the shrimp if he hadn't just ate

probably true :shock:

Dave":1hhoukxx said:
Bestoutwest":1hhoukxx said:

Isn't all real cheese good that processed crap sucks... I like seriously sharp by cabot :)

I just pick Tillamook because it is close to Alan and a long ways from Sky. I agree it is OK cheese. If we have the real good stuff do we eat it ourselves or send it to Sky? Nothing against Sky......

Dave":2hb8dc0j said:
Bestoutwest":2hb8dc0j said:

It's funny how everyone out here touts Tillamook as this amazing cheese. It makes me think the west is pretty lacking in the cheese department.

To answer to your question is: If we have the real good stuff, why would we share? I don't even share with my wife. Seriously.

callmefence":2ceehj0w said:
Y'all are making me jealous with all this bragging about your great cheese.
Oh wait ...I'm in Texas, we got h.e.b. :mrgreen:

Shoot, we can't get decent cheese down here for anything less than a premium price.

Latest posts