Does anyone know anything about Antique Car Values

Help Support CattleToday:

While looking it up, I read that the 400 was more desirable than the 455 because it could actually produce more hp.
In old engines like that cubic inches always matter. Also hp sells cars and torque wins races. The 455 is a beast

I remember when the 389 tri power was a beast..but these later LS engines are in a different realm. these guys are getting ridiculous horsepower out of a little chunk of aluminum
That was a different generation of engine but it and the 326 were both top shelf for their time. Pontiac engineers were always told to stop outperforming the chevy guys. But you're right about the modern small blocks. They way outperform the 60'a and very early 70's engines.

Go to Hagerty valuation tool webpage, they offer the ability to look up the value by the vin number. This gives you a solid starting point. All they do is classic car insurance and evaluation.

I'm just now seeing this, but it brought back memories. A 1968 Catalina was my first car. It had been my mother's, but my father bought her a different one when I turned 16. I don't remember what size motor it had in it, but it was big enough.

In old engines like that cubic inches always matter. Also hp sells cars and torque wins races. The 455 is a beast
My grandmother had a Buick Electra with the 455 Wildcat in it. We still have the car by our barn. My dad said when they drove it homr my grandfather lit them up at the first stop light he came to. 😆 My dads family were all GTO/ Kawasaki guys. We have a 3/4 big 10 squre body with the Dana's, an impala, a 70 GTO, a van full carpeted on the inside, some other cars all stacked.

Last edited:
Here's my thoughts if I owned a gifted classic car: if it's on the more rare side, I'd have it fixed up cosmetically. Throw $1K at it to shine it up. There's a bunch of online auction places, but I'd try that Mecom Car Auction place if there's one close enough to you to make it worth it. They sell cars for more money than God's got.

Man you can't put those kind of details out on the internet, they are going to catch you!😂
LoL They did get caught at one point. It's the black van, with one circle window in the back, aluminum mags, the pipes down the side, full carpet complete with burn marks... 😄. It was one of my uncles. He also had a chopper at the time.

Another uncle had show bikes. There is a picture of his square body with a bored out 454 just roasting 38x18.5 Mickey Thompsons, at a bike rally, with a bike in the bed, after he won. He has a pile of trophies at his house.

They were a pretty wild group. Looks like a southern rock band in my parents wedding photo. People would talk about them rolling up on motorcycles, tying their hair back, and working cattle.😄 most of the photos of my dad's family from that time look an ezrider magazine.

Last edited:

Latest posts