Al Gore saving the planet

Help Support CattleToday:

Saltydawg

Reaction score
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?secti ... id=5072659

pulled this from the article;

"Armed with Gore's utility bills for the last two years, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research charged Monday that the gas and electric bills for the former vice president's 20-room home and pool house devoured nearly 221,000 kilowatt-hours in 2006, more than 20 times the national average of 10,656 kilowatt-hours."

Saltydawg":37ejwsdm said:
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=nation_world&id=5072659

pulled this from the article;

"Armed with Gore's utility bills for the last two years, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research charged Monday that the gas and electric bills for the former vice president's 20-room home and pool house devoured nearly 221,000 kilowatt-hours in 2006, more than 20 times the national average of 10,656 kilowatt-hours."

I think what us common folk instantly recognize about Al Gore and the global warming crowd, is that the proposed changes won't affect their lives one iota. But our lives will be negatively affected, big time.

Al will still ride in limos and have a heated pool, whatever energy costs. It won't amount to one one hundredth of a percent of his income.

But my F-250 or my country home will come from a cattleman's bottom line. Big difference. I'm instinctively aware of MY best interests v. the regulators.

To me, and this is just my thought, the planet is so huge that our output of CO2 is insignificant.

And if I'm wrong, NYC and NoLa and LA go under water. And I grow pineapple. How can I loose? I like pineapple. Had ham with pineapple for lunch today. :lol: :lol:

I heard on the radio that the private jet that Al Gore uses puts out something like 10,000 pounds of C02 from just one trip from California to DC. Thats pretty steep considering he complains about people driving cars too much.

I heard Al explain how they were using the proper type light bulbs and other proper measures. So don't be too hard on him.
I believe it was Sean Hannity that said AL has three, maybe four homes.
So just figure how much he is helping the environment by changing the light bulbs in three or four homes. How many of us can say we are making that big a difference :?:
I mean, to really help out you need to go and get yourself another two or three houses and change the light bulbs. ;-)

Globle warming is coming, in the next few years you will get a clear picture...

MillIron wrote:

Global warming has been coming since the end of the last Ice Age. Z

There is no room in this discussion for common sense!! :)

Global warming has been here for a long time - otherwise we'd still be in an ice age.
Wouldn't be bad though - we could farm Certified Wooly Mammoths and eat them big ol' ribs like Fred Flintstone used to get at the drive-in.
I bet fence building would be a chore!!

Bullbuyer":3nmae3a8 said:
Global warming has been here for a long time - otherwise we'd still be in an ice age.
Wouldn't be bad though - we could farm Certified Wooly Mammoths and eat them big ol' ribs like Fred Flintstone used to get at the drive-in.

Van probably wouldn't particularly care for the Wooly Mammoth...'cause I'd have to have me one of them! :D

Alice

Just think how much it would help the environment if we got rid of Al Gore and all the Hollywood Environment Nut cases. I bet all them added up together use more energy for their mansions, private planes and transportation for their entourage than some small countries.

aplusmnt":2ciui2uy said:
Just think how much it would help the environment if we got rid of Al Gore and all the Hollywood Environment Nut cases. I bet all them added up together use more energy for their mansions, private planes and transportation for their entourage than some small countries.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The film idustry was actually listed as California's largets polluter. That was on the states produced list about 2 years ago. Gee....how ironic!

Somehow global warming has missed us up here in Northern MN.
It's been cold as be nice this Winter :roll:

mnmtranching":32nh7fl2 said:
Somehow global warming has missed us up here in Northern MN.
It's been cold as be nice this Winter :roll:

Must only be happening in Washington DC and Hollywood, that seems to be were all the worked up people are. :lol:

IMO, the only thing Al Gore is trying to save is a floundering political career. I think global warming has more to do with the
earths normal cycles than yuppies driving suv's. Al couldn't carry his own state of Tn. durind the last pres. election. He came down hard on the the tobacco industry which his family used to raise,and put alot of farmers out of business.

Alice":3vjyr1g8 said:
Bullbuyer":3vjyr1g8 said:

Van probably wouldn't particularly care for the Wooly Mammoth...'cause I'd have to have me one of them! :D

Alice

So would Steve. He saw that a neighbor of our's got some bison and now he's on that kick. Three words.

NO FREAKIN' WAY!!! :shock:

I guess Gore justifies all his energy usage in his 4 mansions, by the fact he buys some green credits or something like that. He figures it is OK to hurt the environment as long as he pays some extra money to it.

Heard today what I assume is in his movie but take it as hear say. But that he says we should all do our part to cut back. And that one thing he mentions is having less Children. But I believe he has 4 kids, he sure did not cut back.

Also heard his publicist said that he is in the process of putting solar panels on his home that uses 20 times the electric as the average home. Kind of funny though, that he has supposedly been championing this fight for the environment for 10-20 years but just now he is getting Solar panels.

He has the money to have windmills, solar panels, drive a hybrid, but just now he is getting solar panels? This man is about the biggest phony to ever hit Washington D.C. and that is saying a lot!

Latest posts