Aggressive Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

I can't speak for @crossbreed, but I know those black-headed Mexican buzzards will eat anything that can't get away, and don't wait for it to die like the native red-headed ones do. They got to a cow that was down having a calf before I found her once. It made me sick to my stomach to see what they did to her.

I do wonder what he has against armadillos.
Lol armadillo dig constant holes all over pasture and field. They dig like pigs

Well, armadillos can root up soft fields about as well as hogs can and for some reason I've always seen big numbers of them in singular areas. I know a couple of folks have asked me to shoot any that I see on their places.

Are these Mexican buzzards also called white-tips? I've heard of "white-tip" buzzards going after calves and downed cows, I was warned about them plenty growing up but as of yet have only seen one cow prematurely whittled on by buzzards and I was not able to see much about the buzzards before they fled.
1674235777088.png1674235777088.png

I keep a lh/char cross every year for a beef. Wife likes the 3 lh cows for pasture pictures and friends and family likes to come out and feed them cubes. I decided to use the cross for beef and to be honest they make some of the best burger, roast and brisket we have had. The lh in them does somehow make them get aggressive when you feed them out. From 120 days in lot on you don't get in the pen. It's not just cattle though. Grew up showing and racing horses. I just hated riding dads halter horses. Fed up all the time and they got jumpy and aggressive too. Just can't trust a fat and happy animal of that size
What color are the Char x LHs? And does the Char bull poll the LH calves?

What we call a Mexican Eagle or Mexican Buzzard is a Caracara.

A Buzzard is a Turkey Vulture.
We have caracaras AND Mexican buzzards AND turkey vultures. 3 different critters. Caracaras and turkey vultures seem pretty non destructive. Those black-headed suckers will swarm like angry hornets

I think the Caracaras are called both, Mexican Eagle and Mexican Buzzard. The black/dark gray headed buzzards are also called Mexican Buzzard. The red headed buzzard is a Turkey Buzzard. Last week my neighbor had a calf killed by a Mexican buzzard. Needless to say, the war is on!

Latest posts