900 lb bull

Help Support CattleToday:

AllForage":rd3ejqia said:
FSR nobody peed in my Cheerios. I am just aware of the registered promotional bullshyt. I do raise registered animals as well. Just open any sale catalog and read the tag lines, they practically stop short of curing cancer :)

The red state comment was joking, no need to get all riled up folks
As far as trich and promotional bullshyt, it's to the bull sellers advantage for the commercial guy to get trich. The cows will cycle it off but the bulls don't so the only real way to fix it for a lot of guys is to turn bulls over like crazy and then get rid of the open cows. That means additional bull sales from producers that are very, very concerned about purchasing virgin bulls from a quality program.

If you completely disagree, agree, or don't care thats fine by me and whats nice about a forum . But to call me a SOB and then disagree tells me all I need to know about you, fine by me if you don't

This is what I see.

111.png

Truth Bobby, he's a steer with nuts. Big f'n nuts at that.

HOWEVER he will "probably" do just exactly what you bought him to do.

Good luck.

He's not the finest specimen out there for sure. But he hasn't been fed up either, so he's not going to melt. And on that pasture he will gain weight. I don't like his sheath, but that shouldn't slow him down any. You gotta be tuff to post a picture of a bull on this site, I'll give you that.

Yea I'm not gonna defend him , sometimes you get what you pay for . He's got a pretty easy job and if he can do that and put on a few pounds I'll be happy . I will continue looking for a bull . I'm sold on buying a yearling , so my question is at that age is there any specific traits to stay away from. Not breed specific but in general . Pick him apart and use him as an example

He looks young. I wonder how old he is.
I will have to agree that he does not have much muscle. (Masculinity can come with age.) But I was hoping for more muscle and bone, for your sake.
You are brave to put it all out there on this site. :nod:

BobbyLummus1":9odt4wqx said:
Yea I'm not gonna defend him , sometimes you get what you pay for . He's got a pretty easy job and if he can do that and put on a few pounds I'll be happy . I will continue looking for a bull . I'm sold on buying a yearling , so my question is at that age is there any specific traits to stay away from. Not breed specific but in general . Pick him apart and use him as an example
Bobby i believe he can fill in just fine. I would look for a replacement, i buy my bulls from my uncle he raises and sells reg. Angus bulls(thats right). Im also a honest man and probably not qualified to answer your new question. I hope you can get a qualified and friendly answer to another good question.

BobbyLummus1":112utklk said:

Bobby if you are serious here's a few things to look at.

He's cow headed
He lacks masculine traits, a crest, bone, muscle.
He lacks capacity no guts and will probably not be an easy keeper.
Feet and legs are nothing to write home about.
and he definately is narrow on top and in the front.

he does have a couple of good points
great nuts
a decent topline
and decent length

I think he'll do what you want him to do, but I also think he lacks masculinity, except for the size of his nuts, which is kinda surprising perhaps?

Supa Dexta's picture really is fitting, because without the sheath you'd be hard pressed to say that's a bull.

Hey Bobby ,
I know where a cheap $ 1100.00 BULL is for sale !!! He is a little sick but Im sure from what the owner says about him he will be a way better bull than anything you will ever have .. The owner is on here whining about him and how much he is going to loose , so u better make a deal quick before he dies !! lmao!!

Latest posts