WOW!!! Is your teen giving you crap? See Dad's FB response.

Help Support CattleToday:

3way, I agree with you 100%. I was not trying to be nasty, just did'nt understand your post. Kerley

backhoeboogie":1xx5mpqi said:
kerley":1xx5mpqi said:
I can understand his being upset with his daughter, but he in my book is an a-hole for destroying a good laptop. The question in my mind is "Who's the kid"

When you consider how much I have spent on my youngest daughter, a lap top cost is just a drop in the bucket.

I am raising her two sons. Daycare alone for '11 was $9600. Not to mention lawyer expense back in the day etc.
Boogie, Our 36 year old Daughter and her 6 yo Daughter lives with us, however we have been blessed as our Daughter has never brought us hardship or shame. I think you are a good man and some day I would like to shake your hand, God bless you.

Nesikep":3868ozlz said:
If she had bought the laptop, I'd say he was wrong in destroying it, but since that's not the case, good on him! There could have been dozens of examples of him doing far more extreme (worse) things. I think there needs to be a more clear line of what is "discipline" and what is "abuse", since it seems to be a pretty grey zone. If the trend continues, courts will then say it's against the law to discipline kids, then where will we be? Less crowded jails? (BTW, what's wrong with crowded jails)

Unfortunately that is already happening. I personally heard a county judge presiding over a divorce in a rural area say that it would be wrong to "spank" a child... we have learned there are better ways of disciplining children.

Thing was that the child in question was 3 weeks old and spanking was not even an issue. It was the Judge's way of trying to overstep his role like they all do these days.

Too many kids don't have consequences for their actions. My oldest daughter was 3 when she watched me throw away her favorite toy because she couldn't listen, that made an impression for a long time.

As far as the video, I'm not against firearm usage in general. But this guy gave the kid way too much power by getting so angry. She got to him and now she knows it.

It is hard for me, but my wife is the best at keeping her cool while letting the consequences of the kids actions get a hold of them. They don't want to contribute like everyone else, fine. They can pay for everything the maid and the family does for them. If they don't have the money, their stuff starts getting pawned. I have to watch her, or she does the same thing to me. :shock:

Speaking of whipping kids . When my oldest was about 4 we were at tractor supply . He was running around grabbing things . I warned him about 8 times finally I took my belt off . I spanked him maybe hitting him 4 times . And as I was talking to him about it this guy comes up to me and says I think that is a little excessive . I told him If he would stand there about 2 seconds id whip his azz too . He just huffed and walked away . I can remember some of the whippings I got as a kid . And my wife says I suffer from C. R. S.

and the dad is making quite a bit of money from youtube also.
There is a link below the video to his Facebook page. I believe that he did it for the fame, not to teach his daughter a lesson.

chippie":3o7684fg said:
and the dad is making quite a bit of money from youtube also.
There is a link below the video to his Facebook page. I believe that he did it for the fame, not to teach his daughter a lesson.

I agree. In my mind, the issue isn't that he shot the computer. The issue is that he made a huge public spectacle out of something that should have been done privately.
He brought himself down to his daughter's level.

I think this guy may be a control freak-teenagers are teenagers, yes they need chores, but they also need their privacy respected-what she posted wasn't nice, disrespectful, but the fact that she vented on facebook and couldn't talk to her parents directly shows a lack of something there already-maybe her dad snoops in her room, keeps tabs on her every move-or maybe she is lazy-who knows, but what he did making a youtube video, reading the letter, really just makes him look like a jerk-A father who can't handle family conflicts where they should be handled inside the home, not on the web. She is a kid, he is an adult,he should know better.

I didn't know, until comments on this post, that people even got paid for posting their lives and stupid stuff on YouTube! But a Google search confirmed that . . . . .

Kathie in Thorp":4tpqwll4 said:
I didn't know, until comments on this post, that people even got paid for posting their lives and stupid stuff on YouTube! But a Google search confirmed that . . . . .

I hear the US Bureau of Labor Statistics is introducing a new category to track the newly recognized phenomenon of "jobs where you are stupid on film." And some say no new jobs have been created. Take that, stimulus bashers. And why not a tax break for the producers of "Americas Funniest Home Videos"?

Latest posts