WOW!!! Is your teen giving you crap? See Dad's FB response.

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross":1yd4bjvc said:
regolith":1yd4bjvc said:
"Never forget" good joke eh?
Ever thought how many fathers do things like that and it *is* abuse.
But no, a kid's work doesn't matter.

Over and Out.

I worked and I am sure a lot of other folks on here worked for the family because it edified the family and contributed to the greater good. It would never have ever occured to me that I should be paid to do my part.She didn't want to work at home and she didn't want to get a job outside the home. Who is supposed to support her? You?

Rego if you think that it is abuse for this man to get enough and destroy the computer that he bought for this little ingrate you live in a far different reality them I do.
I thought a roof overhead and food on the table trumped any mention of pay. :nod: :nod: :nod:

alisonb":1th4p9ok said:
If something worries us let's shoot it, that ought to solve the problem!

Well Ali it sure seems to work for me. Of course being the ugly American that is our answer to everything :cowboy:

Now to be more reasonable. If he would have smashed it to bits with a hammer, dropped it down the well, threw it in the pigpen, or stomped it into the dirt, nobody would say spit about it. It always comes down to someone somewhere being horrified about our use of firearms.

Americans have two things going here that most of the rest of the world can't stand.

1......we like our guns and aren't afraid to use them!

2.....we really don't give a flying crap what the rest of the world thinks about that!........except for hillary and BO.....they agree with you!

Ryder":adultkdr said:
I thought a roof overhead and food on the table trumped any mention of pay. :nod: :nod: :nod:
That's what my dad called getting paid "three and a half a day".......three meals and a half a bed.

Times sure have changed. I had 2 brothers and I'm the youngest,and I can still hear my dad yelling up the stairs to us boys every morning before daylight,"Boys time to get up and pay for that bed."

Cal

TennesseeTuxedo":203lywrc said:
I truly hope something positive comes out of this for the father and daughter. Right now they have a very poor relationship and to me that's a sad thing.

Hook, drugs are huge problem in the schools where we live. I reckon that's the case everywhere these days.
Agreed, TT. I was very fortunate that there were no issues like this with my daughter (who is now a mom with children who also don't have problems). But I can understand the frustration and angst of that man! He must be right at the end of his rope -- and not all ropes are the same length. You want your kids to do well, you don't want them to make stupid mistakes, you want them to learn something from their experiences, and at least have a clue that the parents make sacrifices -- and sometimes that's a very long learning curve.

I'm also wondering if this isn't a bit of a spoof. I see that the video has over 200k hits in four versions of the video on YouTube. If not a spoof he was wrong to shoot the lap top when he could have sold it and still have the kid pay for it.

BTW I did take a bat to my oldest son's CD player for his lack of respect and mouth, he is now 28 and we get along great now that he is grown and mature. Another son has two girls 8 and 6, my wife and I are now smiling seeing parenting go full circle.

I worked for my parents did not get paid, my kids worked for their parents without pay.

Alan

Alan":roxelgpg said:
I'm also wondering if this isn't a bit of a spoof. I see that the video has over 200k hits in four versions of the video on YouTube. If not a spoof he was wrong to shoot the lap top when he could have sold it and still have the kid pay for it.

BTW I did take a bat to my oldest son's CD player for his lack of respect and mouth, he is now 28 and we get along great now that he is grown and mature. Another son has two girls 8 and 6, my wife and I are now smiling seeing parenting go full circle.

I worked for my parents did not get paid, my kids worked for their parents without pay.

Alan

The story says, basically, that the daughter posted on her FB page about the injustices she was suffering -- so dad posted to hers, with a video. Doesn't take long for that sort of stuff to go viral.

3waycross":2pskyw53 said:
alisonb":2pskyw53 said:

Well Ali it sure seems to work for me. Of course being the ugly American that is our answer to everything :cowboy:

Now to be more reasonable. If he would have smashed it to bits with a hammer, dropped it down the well, threw it in the pigpen, or stomped it into the dirt, nobody would say spit about it. It always comes down to someone somewhere being horrified about our use of firearms.

Americans have two things going here that most of the rest of the world can't stand.

2.....we really don't give a flying crap what the rest of the world thinks about that!........except for hillary and BO.....they agree with you!
I admire you partiotism 3waycross but incidences such as this shooting are not isolated to America alone, they are world wide ;-)

I think he should have just brought it to a pawn shop, or given the thing to the Sally Ann, but maybe he'd just be passing on his curse to someone else. I have limited attention spans for Facebook, if I get a message from someone I care about, I'll go check it (but usually through my emails) and I really could care less about statuses like "Mike B spilled his beer" or "Jennifer is waiting". Granted I will say it is an addictive site, I've just weaned myself from it and replaced it with CT lol

3waycross":apm7djgs said:
alisonb":apm7djgs said:

Three Way, why are you getting so tight about some a-hole shooting a pc. Could'nt he have just put it away till they solve the problem? Who is the ADULT?

kerley":1r1knu42 said:
I can understand his being upset with his daughter, but he in my book is an a-hole for destroying a good laptop. The question in my mind is "Who's the kid"

When you consider how much I have spent on my youngest daughter, a lap top cost is just a drop in the bucket.

I am raising her two sons. Daycare alone for '11 was $9600. Not to mention lawyer expense back in the day etc.

kerley":2bz29buj said:
3waycross":2bz29buj said:
alisonb":2bz29buj said:

Three Way, why are you getting so tight about some a-hole shooting a pc. Could'nt he have just put it away till they solve the problem? Who is the ADULT?

My statement was soley in response to Alison's statement about Americans solving everything with a gun. I don't think I personally would have shot it and then posted the video. I would however have made her life miserable.

I agree with everything he done exept posting the video.
All this done in my thoughts is it gives all the gun haters more fuel to make more gun laws and to try to take away our second ammendment.To them it will not be him destroying the laptop, it will be that he used a gun.
I can see what 3way is saying and do agree with him.

Cal

Calman":2a56x06v said:
All this done in my thoughts is it gives all the gun haters more fuel to make more gun laws and to try to take away our second ammendment.To them it will not be him destroying the laptop, it will be that he used a gun.

Cal
Oh my goodness.
Let's don't shoot our guns or do anything that might offend the gun haters. Then they will certainly like us.

I would probably have used a sledge hammer.
Wonder what the hammer haters would have said about that? :mad:

Ryder":2lkvht0u said:
Calman":2lkvht0u said:

Cal
Oh my goodness.
Let's don't shoot our guns or do anything that might offend the gun haters. Then they will certainly like us.

I would probably have used a sledge hammer.
Wonder what the hammer haters would have said about that? :mad:

Now that you mention it, I might have more effect to slowly crunch it in a vise or jaw horse. Sort of like a slow death torture with her watching.

alisonb":13307gkg said:
3waycross":13307gkg said:
alisonb":13307gkg said:

I admire you partiotism 3waycross but incidences such as this shooting are not isolated to America alone, they are world wide ;-)
3waycross":13307gkg said:
My statement was soley in response to Alison's statement about Americans solving everything with a gun. I don't think I personally would have shot it and then posted the video. I would however have made her life miserable.
I may have to have my eyes tested but I can't seem to find my statement about 'Americans' solving everything with a gun, I said "us". I own fire arms and will use them when necessary, 'necessary' I doubt would include a computer in a fit of anger. Each to their own.

Hard to misconstrue this statement;

Maybe I am sensitive to foreign critisim, and took that to mean Americans coming from someone in another country.

Latest posts