You don't see this much in England anymore

Help Support CattleToday:

Triplets here in this area are not common... or if born, I figure most never make it long enough to be seen with a doe... twins are very common to be seen around here... and we have had several years of seeing many many sets of twins (at least what survive past the spots and into the grazing phase).... Oh well.... CWD has been found in deer in Va and a couple years ago people were advised to not eat the meat in a couple of counties... sure don't want to have to deal with any diseases...
The biggest way we keep them in check around here, lately, is with major heavy objects.... Vehicles..... there are on average 1 killed every 2-3 weeks right here on the road by my house.... and during the rut, will see new kills driving back and forth to work daily.... I have at least one a year run into my vehicle... seldom ever hit it from the front... usually fender/door/side of car or truck....

Awesome to see cattle moves like that. It's still done a bit around here, but more on dirt roads. However, I saw a picture about a month back in the neighboring county where the police stopped traffic so a farmer could move cattle from pastures on one side of the road to pastures on the other. I was happy to see the cooperation of the police departments. Need more of that.

Latest posts