wifes got stomach cancer

Help Support CattleToday:

Gary, I am very sorry to hear this. She was smart to go to the doctor right away. prayers lifted for strength and healing.
Ditto about taking care of yourself.

None of us are good with this stuff.

Be there for your wife. Be there for your son.

Know we are there for you. Some of us have been thru things like this. We are here waiting to help any way we can.

As mentioned above being a caregiver can be tough but you can do it and your wife will need you for strength and keeping her positive in this fight...your love for each other will grow so strong going through this.
My wife stayed by my side while I went through chemo treatments at the Mayo Clinic last fall and winter and it was the first time in my life where I knew someone had my back! She owns a small party store and her business suffered but she stayed by my side the whole time.
Our prayers will be with your wife and you and your son. You guys can beat this!

thanks ya'll. kerley idk what to say either. just keep on keeping on. right now its just a pita.

surgery is monday morning. be a tough weekend.

seen the chemo doctor yesterday. i dont like him..posted a bunch of flow charts off the internet and told us this is how its done...didnt even have her charts or complete file..but this is what he recommends...not doing what he thinks unless the surgeon says hes right. and i dont hink he will since he actually took the pictures the chemo guy didnt have
very frustrating..how can you fix it if you dont even know whats wrong with it

Hopefully everything turns out alright for you guys. The things they can do in the medical world right now are simpley amazing. Sometimes things are just too big to keep bottled up inside. This is one of those.

thanks everyone. . we're kinda frustrated right now cuz all the docs dont seem to be on the same page. really pissed her off yesterday when the chemo guy telling us what we need to do didnt even have her file to look at.

we got another endoscopy taking a biopsy friday am. details for the last minute before we go in deep monday

god willing i am hoping everything goes well...dont know what im gonna do while shes laid up. for a week .cant imagine anyhting worse than that

surgeon says its all routine and she will be walking out friday almost back to normal...

Gage doesnt really get it..and what he does he dont like. hes pretty sharp for 8 yrs old and he knows it isnt good. he dont want mommy in the hosp for a week.

I think there is a Mayo Clinic in Florida you might get a second opinion unless she needs surgery as soon as possible.

we got one from moffit in brandon..they were with the surgeons recommendation..the chemo guys just throwin a wrench in the works w/o knowing his stats

Db
You need to know those doctors don't discuss shyt between themselves.

My wife had four major doctors and the only communication between them was me.

I don't want to be a downer and maybe your experience will be better than ours. I felt like my wife was treated like a car in the garage for repair. Very disillusioned with doctors and their care of my wife. They fixed her and the other 200 people they dealt with that month.

Some might say I shouldn't say this to you at this time. I say forewarned is forearmed.

im for it..those are the things you dont know about til you experience them. i apprciate the heads up. we got some of that yesterday. man my wife was hot. she got to the btm of it today with the surgeon. i think theyre all on the same page now.

that good stuff to know. better to hear it than figure it out the hard way

There are some smart people in the medical field. And with all my years of working with doctors I have to say, some of the most intelligent ones have the worst bedside manner and communication skills. They are the ones that spend most of their time in research and surgery. They are not very personable, but they do know their shi#. I hope that this observation offers you some reassurance.
With that said, most have an assistant that can take the time to explain and review everything with the patient and family. It sounds like your wife is on top of it. But if you ever feel like she is not getting the very best, insist on better. :)

Best wishes for a successful, uneventful surgery.

Latest posts