wifes got stomach cancer

Help Support CattleToday:

That C word has to be one of the most scary words out there. I hear of more and more people beating it all the time, I'll pray that she'll be another. Stay Strong!

I know you say you're not religious .... But I would just like to suggest to you a couple verses Ephesians 3:20-21... I read and quote it daily..it helps and works for me! God bless and we'll be praying for you all!

Finding it early is great news!

When my dad died last month, what he had was so rare that it doesn't really enter the realm of possible afflictions until it's too late... So, that is good news!

And, now what this means for you and your whole family ... it'll be stressful and difficult no matter your faith or her prognosis. It is hard. Period. You've been given a wonderful opportunity to love your wife and your son; don't be afraid to teach your son something about being tender, sad and scared, because it is in the midst of that that he might be able to learn something about what true strength looks like.

I'll be praying for wisdom and insight for you, for healing for her and for courage for your son.

dieselbeef":dtltacxb said:
the c word...cant hardly get it out

its a good prognosis. very early. gonna take part of her stomach out. probly no chemo..hopefully not

a month ago it started as acid reflux. then the endoscopy found it.

surgery is monday aug 3rd. be in lakewood ranch hospital for a week then home for at least another before i go back to work

in all likelyhood she will live to be old and be fine....god willin

gonna be a rough couple weeks ahead for me and my 8 yr old

i know if ya could do anything ya would..

we aint religious people. but i hope gods got our back on this one

i dont usually go personal on the boards cuz nobody wants to hear bout anyone elses misery but for some reason i felt the need

gary

Dang it diesel......hate that for y'all and everyone else that is having to deal with it. God speed to all.

Prayers and best wishes for the whole family. You're a rock Gary I know you will be the glue that holds them all together thru this ordeal.

Gary, the good thing is it was caught early. I have hope.

A year and a half ago my sister's husband was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma of the stomach, late stage. He was told to go home and settle his affairs. Was told, that a long-shot, could try chemo. Looooooong story short, he came through and is thriving today. So far it has not returned. He looks good and feels great and lives his life to the fullest.

Thoughts, positive energy and prayers to your wife and you and the family.

thank you all so much. you just cant know how much it means to me to have the faith and support.
im glad I put it out there...really was torn. but I think itll help me get by.

we will make it. Angel is a fighter. her strength is what drew me to her. hopefully just a bump in the road.

doc says shes gonna live to be an old woman...I pray for that. Gage needs his mommy.

hard to gether thoughts to make any sensible writings so bear with me as I ramble.

aint really hit us yet cuz surgery is next Monday...its creepin tho...its comin

I thank you all so much for your prayers and faith..much needed right now

Prayers to your family. I learned by going through it as a care giver, don't forget to take care of you.. You have to be at your very best and that takes rest.

Healing prayers for your wife, prayers of guidance for her doctors, prayers of peace and hope for you and the rest of the family Gary. God's got this! :tiphat:

I am so glad that you are feeling better. As I said earlier, I know the feeling . When the doctor told my husband that the small tumor that he removed was cancer and the aggressive kind at that, I thought he was talking to the wrong people. This could not be happening to us. We got with some great doctors at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta and they got right to work with six chemo treatments and then surgery. The road was not easy, but our faith kept us going. After the second treatment my husband felt so badly until he was ready to stop. But I pushed him on and it got better.
Take care of yourself as someone else told you. Being a caregiver really takes it out of you. I have been one for my husband and mother. Sometimes you think you just cannot keep going, I was still teaching a half day when my husband was diagnosed. That is all that kept me from going crazy. When I was at school, my mind was off him and on my students.
Your wife can beat this. You have to fight and if she is a fighter that is a big plus already. Many advances have been made in treating cancer. Catching it early is very important. You have that in your favor. Take it one day at a time and you will live through this.
My prayers continue for you and your wife and little son. God will see you through this.

Very sorry to hear that. Praying for yall and the right doctors and nurses to take care of her during this time. Her being a fighter and keeping her spirits up is a huge thing in your favor.

Latest posts