Why I love southern states

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
ResizedImage_1414201440415_zps8d06e675.jpg

ResizedImage_1414201439828_zps2618c6c8.jpg

Deepsouth":3oxg3vkt said:
Wow, that's a good buy right there.

Yes sir its big bottles expires one 3/16 other 5/16 with me starting to buy calves from sale barn I figured I would need it. Had 6 bottles I bought 2 lol. In a week they should be about 10 bucks each for big LA 200

I buy my hog and cattle feed there (actually the same thing I feed 20% dairy pellets to both hogs and the cows). $16 a hundred is hard to beat . Their always willing to help and always ready if I have any questions.

They're about four miles from me. Buy most everything there. Another four miles to Tractor Supply. I don't do much with them.

fitz

Sky I think it was you that posted a pic of some feed in the bag from Southern States....main thing I noticed that I had never seen before was "Money Back Guarantee"...something to that affect. Had never seen that before on any feed company bag.

I love s.s. too. but they closed one about 20 miles from me. good prices and a wealth of knowledge from people who actually farmed. hated to see it go

TexasBred":3oejtmtk said:
Sky I think it was you that posted a pic of some feed in the bag from Southern States....main thing I noticed that I had never seen before was "Money Back Guarantee"...something to that affect. Had never seen that before on any feed company bag.

Yes sir

ResizedImage_1414362713713_zpsd4dffd01.jpg

If they stand behind it, that little bit of print on the bag is worth more than all the other advertising money can buy. If we had one around here I'd feel privileged to do business with them.

Sky, I am going to give you an opinion that you did not ask for but here goes.
You said you bought the LA200 because you were buying sale barn calves. LA200 will do nothing for sickness nor will it prevent any sickness. It is really good for foot problems and eye problems and not much else. It is for soft tissue issues.
Many people have a sick calf and give it LA200 and then wonder why it didnt get better. For what good it did they might as well have pulled a dose up and squirted it on the ground.

kenny thomas":30pre8ok said:
Sky, I am going to give you an opinion that you did not ask for but here goes.
You said you bought the LA200 because you were buying sale barn calves. LA200 will do nothing for sickness nor will it prevent any sickness. It is really good for foot problems and eye problems and not much else. It is for soft tissue issues.
Many people have a sick calf and give it LA200 and then wonder why it didnt get better. For what good it did they might as well have pulled a dose up and squirted it on the ground.

Great advice. I had read this before buying thinking I was doing something right.

Cattle: Liquamycin LA-200 is indicated in the treatment of pneumonia and shipping fever complex associated with Pasteurella spp. and Hemophilus spp.; infectious bovine keratoconjunctivitis (pinkeye) caused by Moraxella bovis; foot rot and diphtheria caused by Fusobacterium necrophorum; bacterial enteritis (scours) caused by Escherichia coli; wooden tongue caused by Actinobacillus lignieresii; leptospirosis caused by Leptospira pomona; and wound infections and acute metritis caused by strains of staphylococci and streptococci organisms sensitive to oxytetracycline.

You still done great. And I know what it says but ask Lucky_P, Milkmaid, and some of the smarter ones about this also. If all I have is LA to treat a sick calf I just leave it untreated until I can get something. But read my signature before you decide. hahaha

kenny thomas":3suqvhpl said:
You still done great. And I know what it says but ask Lucky_P, Milkmaid, and some of the smarter ones about this also. If all I have is LA to treat a sick calf I just leave it untreated until I can get something. But read my signature before you decide. hahaha

:lol2: dually noted

kenny thomas":2v37kv5i said:

kenny is right you need names like Zactran, Draxin, Zuprevo, Resflor, Baytril, Excede. They will do a much better job on BRD.

Larry

larryshoat":i47lqsqt said:
kenny thomas":i47lqsqt said:

kenny is right you need names like Zactran, Draxin, Zuprevo, Resflor, Baytril, Excede. They will do a much better job on BRD.

Larry

Larry,
Do all of those require a prescription to get them? My vet got some choice words from me over that rabid calf so I do not have a vet now but since im buying from barn now I would like something to give them.

skyhightree1":fnj1jghw said:
larryshoat":fnj1jghw said:
kenny thomas":fnj1jghw said:

Larry

Larry,
Do all of those require a prescription to get them? My vet got some choice words from me over that rabid calf so I do not have a vet now but since im buying from barn now I would like something to give them.

Yes they all take a prescription. At some point sky you're gonna have to get a new vet. At some point you will need these better medicines. Having a vet is becoming more important by the day.

Larry

I agree. I am searching for a new vet but unfortunately since my area is primarily crops and not livestock the options are limited. I guess until then I will have to shoot the dice and use what I got and have access too.

Latest posts