So why

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
As I have said the freeway here gets little traffic. With only 16,000 people in the county there si very little local traffic. The state police say that there is between 15,000 and 20,000 semis going by every day. On the cars the out of state plates out number the Oregon plates. I see plates from every state and providence going passed. The one that makes me wonder is the number of Texas cars I see. I see them nearly every time I get on the freeway. It is a long ways from here to Texas. Reminds me of a rodeo announcer I hear one time. He was asking how many people were from this neighboring state and that state. Then he asked how many people are from Texas. He got a response. He then said, "If Texas is so great why don't you people stay at home?" ;):D

Here it seams I see a lot of Florida and Georgia plates, I figure it's probably people that spend summer here and winter down there.

Here it seams I see a lot of Florida and Georgia plates, I figure it's probably people that spend summer here and winter down there.
I get that with the Arizona plates here. But on Thursday I went to the sale. About 70 miles on the freeway. The speed limit is 70. I am doing about 72 mph. I get passed by 12-15 cars in the 70 miles. Two them have Texas plates. And they are headed the wrong direction to be going back to Texas. And it is like 9 out of 10 times I get on the freeway.

I get that with the Arizona plates here. But on Thursday I went to the sale. About 70 miles on the freeway. The speed limit is 70. I am doing about 72 mph. I get passed by 12-15 cars in the 70 miles. Two them have Texas plates. And they are headed the wrong direction to be going back to Texas. And it is like 9 out of 10 times I get on the freeway.
I'll bet some states have people that travel more than others, and then there is the issue of state population. It seems like most states I've traveled in have a lot of tourists/travelers from California. But yeah, I've recently noticed an uptick in plates from Texas.

"If Texas is so great why don't you people stay at home?"
Well it is a great place to live but honestly, our terrain views and scenery are not the best. And it gets hot every once and awhile. Just look at the picture contest. The pretty places that get the votes are are cattle coming up a mountain draw or cattle with beautiful mountains in the background. I have visited Washington State, Idaho and Montana twice. I love that part of the world. I hope y'all don't get the pollution from California that seems to be spreading like a invasive species here in Texas.

I think people are moving about quite a bit these days.
We live in one of those places that you wonder how or why people would relocate to here, yet they are.
We do a BnB shorter rental and get quite a few out of state folks, and several have been in the process of relocating here. Have had a booking or two from California and recently had an inquiry from sone folks moving here from Texas. Met some folks a while back from Texas that had recently moved to a nearby town.
Last time we were in Oklahoma, where my wife is from a small town there, she commented about that she had never seen as many out of state vehicles in the town, but she has been moved away from there for at least 20 years, and like most other places the area is growing.

Well it is a great place to live but honestly, our terrain views and scenery are not the best. And it gets hot every once and awhile. Just look at the picture contest. The pretty places that get the votes are are cattle coming up a mountain draw or cattle with beautiful mountains in the background. I have visited Washington State, Idaho and Montana twice. I love that part of the world. I hope y'all don't get the pollution from California that seems to be spreading like a invasive species here in Texas.
California has been moving north for decades. Seattle, Portland, Missoula, and more recently Boise have all been invaded.

Lookin for cheap dates and legal places to buy marijuana?
Don't blame me, I've never been any farther West than Eastern New Mexico except being stationed in Southern Calif for 16 weeks for bootcamp in '69.

Last edited:
Lookin for cheap dates and legal places to buy marijuana?
Don't blame me, I've never been any farther West than Eastern New Mexico except being stationed in Southern Calif for 16 weeks for bootcamp in '69.
If they are looking for legal pot, Colorado is a whole lot closer. Too new and nice of rigs to be pot heads.

California has been moving north for decades. Seattle, Portland, Missoula, and more recently Boise have all been invaded.

They're straight up taking over in Texas...and they have the nerve to get involved to try to change things "like it was in Cal". They're here too and usually get shut down in a hurry with the rebuttal of, "if it was so great, why did you move here".

If they are looking for legal pot, Colorado is a whole lot closer. Too new and nice of rigs to be pot heads.
Ya gotta know your dope heads Dave..
and Never confuse pot heads with meth head, and crack heads..
Pot heads get kinda irate about that.

Probably the same gut feeling you get when you see California plates in Texas

I have an uncle who lives in Casper, and he has known several people that have moved here from California. He said on average they would stay about three years before moving back. I guess they couldn't take the Wyoming wind. I knew someone who moved from California to Craig Colorado, and they were there about three years before moving back. While they lived it Craig they were saying you need more laws and regulations, but also said that was the reason they left California. I don't mind people moving somewhere else, but don't make my here like your there.

As I have said the freeway here gets little traffic. With only 16,000 people in the county there si very little local traffic. The state police say that there is between 15,000 and 20,000 semis going by every day. On the cars the out of state plates out number the Oregon plates. I see plates from every state and providence going passed. The one that makes me wonder is the number of Texas cars I see. I see them nearly every time I get on the freeway. It is a long ways from here to Texas. Reminds me of a rodeo announcer I hear one time. He was asking how many people were from this neighboring state and that state. Then he asked how many people are from Texas. He got a response. He then said, "If Texas is so great why don't you people stay at home?" ;):D
I guess my response to this comment, since I'm from Texas, is I can drive where the h--- I want to.!

I guess my response to this comment, since I'm from Texas, is I can drive where the h--- I want to.!
I don't care if drivers are form Texas. I just wonder why there are so many here? It is a long ways from here to Texas. Actually seeing more Texans than Californians.

Latest posts