Why do people fear...

Help Support CattleToday:

sim.-ang.king

Reaction score
...things that we have no control over, or things that will never effect us in our lifetime? Why do we fear global warming that might take place 2000 years from now? Why do we fear running out of oil? Why do we fear a giant black hole sucking us in and ending it all? Why do we fear the end?
This ran across my brain one day while planting beans ( or it might of been a flea), and I really thought hard on it, and came up with the answer, and when this clicked it opened up the answer for the reason for the things we do. Like people dieting, eating healthy, organic, natural, exercising, nothing life threatening, using germx every 5 mins., going to the doctor for every little thing, space laser to shoot down meteorites, and thinking their life is always on the line.
You all probably have your own answer to why people fear the end, and I would like to hear them if you would like to share because the end is the one part of the story we all share.

People fear the unknown, you see it in the stock market, oil prices, and etc.
But mostly they fear death, pain and suffering

Through out history people have been able to capitalize on people fears
It is said keep the sheeple in fear and they will follow your anywhere you lead them

It's real simple. There are only two driving forces in nature and they control everthing we do, at least by choice. They are PAIN and PLEASURE

Everyone and everything moves away from PAIN

Just like everyone and everything moves towards Pleasure.

I know of few if any exceptions!

Because they don't know where they are going, who will be waiting for them there, or if there is somewhere to go when the end comes.

Kinda like hyperinflation, it's possible, but I can't do a thing about it, so I ain't thinking about it like some are. I really have no fears or worries, I'm not afraid to die, the end of the world is just something to look forward to IMO. And all the other little stuff I leave to god, I have faith and I know that he will never give me more than I can handle.

denvermartinfarms":3lqxl6ws said:
Kinda like hyperinflation, it's possible, but I can't do a thing about it, so I ain't thinking about it like some are. I really have no fears or worries, I'm not afraid to die, the end of the world is just something to look forward to IMO. And all the other little stuff I leave to god, I have faith and I know that he will never give me more than I can handle.
I'm not worried in the least for me. But when you have kids that changes completely. Ey thought of one of them suffering is the most terrifying thing I could imagine.

Isomade":2w545j9e said:
denvermartinfarms":2w545j9e said:
I'm not worried in the least for me. But when you have kids that changes completely. Ey thought of one of them suffering is the most terrifying thing I could imagine.
I can see that for sure.

Isomade":2wj49573 said:
Because they don't know where they are going, who will be waiting for them there, or if there is somewhere to go when the end comes.
That's the answer I came up with. It's not the end they fear, it's the thought of what might happen after.

We all can read the end of the story, but it's what is written after that makes us wonder.

When you've beaten death a couple of times you learn to not really fear anything about it, you realize that you;re just marking time.

Like him or hate him, he had this right:
he only thing we have to fear is...fear itself — nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance.
FDR

3waycross":ll8vgn77 said:
It's real simple. There are only two driving forces in nature and they control everthing we do, at least by choice. They are PAIN and PLEASURE

Then please explain why I kept climbing on bucking horses for all those years?

dun":ll8vgn77 said:
When you've beaten death a couple of times you learn to not really fear anything about it, you realize that you;re just marking time.

When you have looked the grim reaper in the eye more than a few times it sort of takes the fear factor out of things. In fact you sort learn to spit in his eye just to see what he has to say about that.

Dave":3pvojdjf said:
3waycross":3pvojdjf said:

Then please explain why I kept climbing on bucking horses for all those years?

dun":3pvojdjf said:

When you have looked the grim reaper in the eye more than a few times it sort of takes the fear factor out of things. In fact you sort learn to spit in his eye just to see what he has to say about that.

Because for you the pleasure of riding broncs outweighs the pain. Proving something even if it's just to yourself makes you happy.

WHY? Because there are a lot of stupid people out there that are so easily manipulated. I'm not scared of any of the things you mention. Only thing that scares me is what these stupid people are capable of doing if someone pushes the right buttons and then I'm only scared for my loved ones.

3waycross":b1kisa2l said:
Because for you the pleasure of riding broncs outweighs the pain. Proving something even if it's just to yourself makes you happy.

So you think he loves the pleasure of pain? hmmm that has a name. :shock:

TexasBred":2qd52okm said:
3waycross":2qd52okm said:

So you think he loves the pleasure of pain? hmmm that has a name. :shock:

Maybe so. He might also see it as the only way to feed a family and the act of feeding, is him moving away from the pain of seeing them starve to the pleasure of seeing them thrive.

Excellent topic. I am going to focus on the fear of my end because that is the end that I will end on. Dying is a selfish act. It is nice that you don't have to make plans to end. You don't have to entertain it, feed it or do anything for it. You don't have to dress for it. You cannot take a trip and escape it. It just comes to you. Hopefully in your sleep. He44 don't scare me. I just don't like the concept of non-existance. But I don't fear it. Dying and ending is not to be feared, it is getting there that causes the fear.

When your dead, no worries, you can no longer contemplate your non-existance. So why do people fear?

inyati13":2pafjpn5 said:
Excellent topic. I am going to focus on the fear of my end because that is the end that I will end on. Dying is a selfish act. It is nice that you don't have to make plans to end. You don't have to entertain it, feed it or do anything for it. You don't have to dress for it. You cannot take a trip and escape it. It just comes to you. Hopefully in your sleep. He44 don't scare me. I just don't like the concept of non-existance. But I don't fear it. Dying and ending is not to be feared, it is getting there that causes the fear.

When your dead, no worries, you can no longer contemplate your non-existance. So why do people fear?

If non existence exists, then your behavior is inconsistent.

This is pretty deep. I don't fear death nor the unknown for me. I fear for my family though I tried to raise my two kids to be self sufficient, productive and a good member of society. I was only half successful. I guess how my Grandson turns out is the only thing I fear now because he is the issue of my unsuccessful 50%.

Latest posts