Reaction score
bull shopping..... which one

awlb2026ng.jpg

or this one

wlb17ng.jpg

or
wlb20181ng.jpg

baseballfan27":1sihtzp3 said:
can't you buy all three??? They are BEAUTIFUL BULLS!!!! If I had to choose, I'd pick number three.. He carries a bit more red than the other two bulls.. You might have some goggle eyes calves with bull number three... Hard to tell though! If you don't care for that, go with bull number one.. Not too crazy about the rump area on bull number two... Goodluck!

Nope ....Only one more bull to buy.. I have to stay within my budget..

By looks alone I would say the bottom two are equal while the top bull looks best. By performance, I'd have to say that the WW of the Online son is a stout argument, backed by performance EPDs. But the top bull is perhaps the best balanced EPDs, with positive CE. I would definitely lean toward him if he was out of a first calf heifer, which could account for the lower WW. Are you looking for a terminal sire? If so, the Online son will be hard to beat IMO.

greenwillowherefords":1e8wg297 said:
By looks alone I would say the bottom two are equal while the top bull looks best. By performance, I'd have to say that the WW of the Online son is a stout argument, backed by performance EPDs. But the top bull is perhaps the best balanced EPDs, with positive CE. I would definitely lean toward him if he was out of a first calf heifer, which could account for the lower WW. Are you looking for a terminal sire? If so, the Online son will be hard to beat IMO.

No I,m not looking for a terminal sire.... I lean towards the top bull as well.

frenchie":476b5iw1 said:
Frenchie I would have to go with # 1 or #2. The # 1 bull appears to be thicker with a better topline, the #2 bull appears to have more length and a tighter sheath.
Bull #2 may have as much thickness and not show it in the poses and he doesn't appear to be as fat as #1.

la4angus":3ezdmphh said:
frenchie":3ezdmphh said:
Frenchie I would have to go with # 1 or #2. The # 1 bull appears to be thicker with a better topline, the #2 bull appears to have more length.
Bull #2 may have as much thickness and not show it in the poses and he doesn't appear to be as fat as #1.

thanks La4angus....

frenchie":2srmfasc said:
thanks La4angus....
You're welcome friend. The first 2 are really good bulls, hope you pick the best one for your operation.. Also #2 looks like he could move around better in the pasture.

la4angus":1ns5l5ef said:
frenchie":1ns5l5ef said:
thanks La4angus....
You're welcome friend. The first 2 are really good bulls, hope you pick the best one for your operation.. Also #2 looks like he could move around in the pasture better in the pasture.

I will second everything LA4angus said. his two posts were my exact thoughts.

I will 2nd the bit on the masculinity! We had to let a really fine bull prospect go for the same reason. The first one looks really thick and pardon a girl for saying...but he's sure got a nice butt on him. You are lucky to have such fine choices.

Frenchie, if I were buying one of these bulls, I would go with the first bull, that is sired by CS Boomer 29F. He is a real well balanced animal, that has a great top line and has plenty of muscle. Also, he is a darker red, in which, that is the kind of hide I always liked. :cboy:

Cattle Rack Rancher":1rzjg0cc said:
For the same money, I'd pick the top one. Are you gonna make it to the bull sale at the Douglas test station this year?

C.R.R ... I,m not sure if I will go or not... Thats on the 2nd of April right?
are you buying the beer. :lol: :lol:

#2 looks longer than 1, but it might be the way 1 is turned?? anyway.. they both look good, and those are some big 2 year olds..

good luck

jt

I liked #1. He looks thicker and the other two appear to be longer, but I think it is just the way he is standing. I like his head better too. It looks smaller and his top line is level.