When to have the CT Family Reunion...

Help Support CattleToday:

When is the best month for you IF you would come to the 1st CT Family Reunion?

• April

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • May

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • June

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • July

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • August

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • September

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • October

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • November

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters
cfpinz":67xhukcg said:
Wisteria Farms":67xhukcg said:
Never too old...

I've received pm's from people feeling the same way... and if you look back, that was always my intention...just to have a get together that would be nothing but fun for all of us to cut loose and shoot the Sh@t....

Maybe we need to get back to that line of thinking and forget trying so hard to being able to write it off. Trust me, I understand that the economy is not good and that people need a reason to justify expenses but I really just wanted to have a party...with music, good food and good company. ;-)

You're right on the money. If somebody is overly concerned about a deduction, they can get creative on their own. There's plenty of tractor dealerships around, plenty of cattle ranches, etc. Big whoop.

If you're looking for entertainment, I've still got my hula skirt from Halloween. I'm cheap, but I ain't easy.

Cfpinz...I'm sure if you don't wear it SOMEONE will (after all...I hear there's homebrew commin... :banana: ).

I for one will try to get there.With a bunch like here on CT we probably wont have to schedule any kind of entertainment.there will probably more than we can stand anyhow.
But if push comes to shove we could always have JO to bring one of his prize gaters and have a show and tell kinda thing.Then we might just have some cooked gater tail afterwards.
And if Lammie could have kept her little bug eyed flying squirell in the cage she could have brought it.
I guess I might add a lesson on how to run over wild hogs.
CF could bring one of his trucks and show us how to get over 500,000 miles on it and instructions on the types of uses of bailing wire on a vehicle.
Come to think of it there's plenty talent right here amongst us.I can't believe we will lack from entertainment.

Cal

Judging from the pics of foods prepared in the recipe section it would really be neat to see and taste some of the local dishes I've seen on these boards. Here, your area is known well for its BBQ. I also read something about homebrew and BYOB. With this combination I'm thinking Brunch might be better than breakfast. :lol2:

Maybe mnmtranching can bring some of his summer sausage. Hoss has got to bring one of those Tennessee Hams. I'd hope Flaboy can make it and bring some of those ABT's and a couple of Chicken Fatties. All this stuff looks good.

Jogeephus":53o9a7z3 said:
Judging from the pics of foods prepared in the recipe section it would really be neat to see and taste some of the local dishes I've seen on these boards. Here, your area is known well for its BBQ. I also read something about homebrew and BYOB. With this combination I'm thinking Brunch might be better than breakfast. :lol2:

Maybe mnmtranching can bring some of his summer sausage. Hoss has got to bring one of those Tennessee Hams. I'd hope Flaboy can make it and bring some of those ABT's and a couple of Chicken Fatties. All this stuff looks good.

I'd like to bring some of our local dishes but customs wouldn't let me in with it, and I don't think it would last that long. :frowns:

chrisy":1yklih0l said:
Jogeephus":1yklih0l said:

I'd like to bring some of our local dishes but customs wouldn't let me in with it, and I don't think it would last that long. :frowns:

If it can be bought and made, you can use my kitchen all you want Chris.. :D

angie":1fv6xw6t said:
Wisteria Farms":1fv6xw6t said:
Ahhhhhh.....this gives me an idea........ :nod:

Oh! my should we be worried now????angie an idea, no Lute fish please, don't fancy eating lye, as have a long journey home cooped up in a confined space.... ;-) Polar Bear stew? seal jelly? the mind boggles... :lol: :lol:

Bring on the lutefish! I gotta see what all the fuss is about. If you bring the lutefish I'll bring the hoghead stew and the fried gater tail nuggets for appetizers.

Jogeephus":1rhcxiv0 said:
Bring on the lutefish! I gotta see what all the fuss is about. If you bring the lutefish I'll bring the hoghead stew and the fried gater tail nuggets for appetizers.

like your suggestions there Jo. would like to see the fish, but not sure about anything else :help:

Just make sure that nobody brings gooey-ducks. Lutefish can't look half as bad.

Angus Guy":2lhgbp8u said:
Just make sure that nobody brings gooey-ducks. Lutefish can't look half as bad.

You must not have ever eaten geoducks.

Whew.. making plans that far in advance is a little tricky for us.. but I"d love to come, even though I vowed I'd never go back to Illinois after we moved 16 years ago! If I'm still alive then, count us in! And I agree, lets just plan on having fun, screw the tax write off! :lol:

chrisy":1tn9rxeb said:
Jogeephus":1tn9rxeb said:

like your suggestions there Jo. would like to see the fish, but not sure about anything else :help:

I can vouch for Jo's cooking. He made up a batch of hogs head stew for me and my son when we visited Jo last October. It was very tasty. He cooked it in a big iron pot right out under a big oak tree.

We could always have a game called "What the h@ll ya'll eatin?".....anybody bringing weird stuff can hold off telling everyone WHAT IT IS until we've all tasted it (kind of like I do my kids :lol2: ) I've got to tell you though...anything looking like any kind of balls...I'm out...eyeballs, lowballs....

Wisteria Farms":re05nqf2 said:
chrisy":re05nqf2 said:
Jogeephus":re05nqf2 said:

We should first find out if the ingredients are legal here in the states. :welcome:

angie":19udihz3 said:
Wisteria Farms":19udihz3 said:
Ahhhhhh.....this gives me an idea........ :nod:

OK, Is this one of them mild upnort type hot dishes?

Maybe mnmtranching can bring some of his summer sausage. Hoss has got to bring one of those Tennessee Hams. I'd hope Flaboy can make it and bring some of those ABT's and a couple of Chicken Fatties. All this stuff looks good.[/quote]

I'd like to bring some of our local dishes but customs wouldn't let me in with it, and I don't think it would last that long. :frowns:[/quote]

If it can be bought and made, you can use my kitchen all you want Chris.. :D[/quote]

We should first find out if the ingredients are legal here in the states. :welcome:[/quote]

of course me dear they would be.... jellied eels, boiled beef and carrots, Yorkshire pudding and pie 'n mash 'n liquor. Not the type of liquor your thinking. it is green gravy made from parsley and cornflour. :tiphat:

chrisy":1g84iylh said:

I'd like to bring some of our local dishes but customs wouldn't let me in with it, and I don't think it would last that long. :frowns:[/quote]

If it can be bought and made, you can use my kitchen all you want Chris.. :D[/quote]

We should first find out if the ingredients are legal here in the states. :welcome:[/quote]

of course me dear they would be.... jellied eels, boiled beef and carrots, Yorkshire pudding and pie 'n mash 'n liquor. Not the type of liquor your thinking. it is green gravy made from parsley and cornflour. :tiphat:[/quote]

Chrisy if you can make a hot English mustard to go with that boiled beef like that little bakery in Brick Lane I might book my flight tomorrow ;-)

So when id this planed for?
I start calvng AI on September first. The last cutting of hay is in Sptember sometimes early Octobrt depending on the weather.
Do I need a tent or is there a hotel close by?
The only thing I can cook except eggs is pecan pie. Y'all like that?
I never much thought of traveling north of the mason dixon line but if I must.

Latest posts