When to have the CT Family Reunion...

Help Support CattleToday:

When is the best month for you IF you would come to the 1st CT Family Reunion?

• April

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • May

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • June

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • July

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • August

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • September

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • October

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • November

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters
Yes, Lido was interesting. Maybe that is why we got such a good deal on the condo?? It was fine, except past a certain "pointe" and then "things" changed... :oops: :oops: :oops: some odd behaviour in the tall grass. I think the picnic table place is where we had the dinner that if you guessed the time of sunset your meal was free. Was a very casual place but food was fantastic. Best blackened catfish I have ever had.

CKC1586":1r73ybne said:
Yes, Lido was interesting. Maybe that is why we got such a good deal on the condo?? It was fine, except past a certain "pointe" and then "things" changed... :oops: :oops: :oops: some odd behaviour in the tall grass. I think the picnic table place is where we had the dinner that if you guessed the time of sunset your meal was free. Was a very casual place but food was fantastic. Best blackened catfish I have ever had.
That "odd behavior" is what I was talkin about... :help: I only went to Lido ONCE "exploring" and as soon as mom saw some signs stating that it was a nude beach we peeked over the seawall, giggled and left. I thought since then they changed it to no longer be a nude beach BUT remembered people saying it was not the best place to play in the sand.

Deisel..I'm trying to think (without waking the hubby up) where he took me shrimpin and catchin crabs. If you were on Beneva sitting at the light with Sarasota Square on the left and went THROUGH the light there was an inlet down that pass. We'd go down there at night and shine a flashlight into the water to catch shrimp. Loved doing that.

There was also a place (though I have NO CLUE where it was) that we'd go crabbin... same thing...at night with a flashlight and a big net wading in the water... funny, the first time we did it he teamed up with his buddy and left me with the buddy's girlfriend. Well, she had the net and I had the light...I was new to this whole adventure so I kept saying, "is that one?!!! is that one?!!!"...she started making fun of my inexperience and I about drowned her :mad: ANYWAY...

Oh, one more thing...DB...my husband wants to know how old you are. He said for you to know about Bee Ridge Extension and the celery fields, you must be around his age...

yea im 44...i been gittin out myakka way bout 20 yrs or so i guess.
im thinkin you were out by siesta key crabbing by yer directions..i never did a lotta that. never been much on gittin out to the beaches so im only guessin. big inlet offa st armands and at blind pass is a good cove to do some shrimpin....so many places its hard to guess...you bring back some memories tho

Well, there ya go...Jeff is 44 (turning 45 in August)....that's funny...he knew you had to be his age. Well now, with that out of the way...did you know anyone from Sarasota? He had a friend everyone called "Penguin"...SHORT little cowboy that didn't want to grow up...YEARS later we were down visiting and took a drive out to the beach..."Low and Behold" there was Penguin sitting on the tailgate of his truck out at the beach with a bunch of younger kids (kinda weird) but that was him.

my b-day is 8-24-64..nope dont know the penguin..how bout the mckinneys..theyre sarasota peeps...i didnt go to school here.moved here in 82 so i didnt hang w/them boys much from scholl

Bout 10 years ago I spent a week on Treasure Island. There was a pace called Our Bar or something like that. Little dive that served crab legs by the bucket....all you could eat for bout 10 bucks. That was my best memory of that place. I normally loathe going to tourist locales but bit the bullet for my families sake.

dieselbeef":1ajtxs2k said:
my b-day is 8-24-64..nope dont know the penguin..how bout the mckinneys..theyre sarasota peeps...i didnt go to school here.moved here in 82 so i didnt hang w/them boys much from scholl

Wow...how weird...Jeff's bday is 8/21/64....(you guys are only 3 days apart!!!)
He said he knew a girl with the last name McKinney but can't remember her first name. He graduated in '82 but hung out a lot wherever there was 4wheelin so thought you might know Penguin or the Riggs boys...Oh well...small world that's for sure! Asked Jeff and he said it was at Midnight Pass where we went crabbin...

Well gosh I hope so!! Atleast he knows he'll have something in common with someone.... Jeff will talk his ears off for hours if they get on the subject of Florida!

hate to say it but much as id like to it aint likely....just too far away. i would like to get a week to take my boy to disney this summer and even that is gonna be tuff to do....its an 1 1/2 away...who knows tho...

Latest posts