When to have the CT Family Reunion...

Help Support CattleToday:

When is the best month for you IF you would come to the 1st CT Family Reunion?

• April

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • May

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • June

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • July

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • August

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • September

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • October

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • November

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters
CF- I ain't too sure about strappin' dun to a flatbed. He might get to carrying on real bad and hurt the truck. Maybe we could use one of them tranquilizin' type guns and drag his old wrinkled butt up into a stock trailer. I could probably borrow a good steel trailer but he ain't goin' in my aluminum one, he'd probably tear the side out of it. Besides, the mess would be too much to clean after we get him out of there. Maybe Angus Cowman has a good trailer down there and we won't have to drag one with us - might slow down our progress.

Ready when you are Captain!

BB

I think you boys are missing the whole deal here...with Dun its easy...all you got to do is take his good luck cricket (avatar) hostage and he'll follow you anywhere...no steel stock trailer needed.

A program that issues CEU's. Records you were their, now justifying to the IRS your need to travel 850 miles to get it :?:

Bullbuyer":4vlonfss said:
CF- I ain't too sure about strappin' dun to a flatbed. He might get to carrying on real bad and hurt the truck. Maybe we could use one of them tranquilizin' type guns and drag his old wrinkled butt up into a stock trailer. I could probably borrow a good steel trailer but he ain't goin' in my aluminum one, he'd probably tear the side out of it. Besides, the mess would be too much to clean after we get him out of there. Maybe Angus Cowman has a good trailer down there and we won't have to drag one with us - might slow down our progress.

Ready when you are Captain!

BB

That tranq gun sounds mighty fun but we'd have to be careful with it, the old fart ain't got much meat on him!

Are we bringin' the womenfolk with us or you think we should just pick up some when we get there?

cfpinz":37237nrz said:
Angus Cowman":37237nrz said:
cf

I will be driving right by Duns so I would help ya get him in the truck or as far as that goes we can tie him down on the flatbed and if that don't work my wife will be along and she is real mean

Our wives must be kin!

If he slips down in his scaredy hole and holds up on us, you rope him and I'll jerk him out with the hydrabed.
That'l work if we have to we can hold him on the bed with the hydrabed arms one over his neck and the other over his feet

How good a shot is your wife?

Mine is an excellent shot and that has always kept me in check, only thing her eyesght is failing I guess that happens when ya get as old as her :lol2:

CF - I think we'd be better off just pickin' up some wimmen folk along the way! They'd probably appreciate us more than the ones we got now do! Mine just doesn't get the whole muddy boots, bloodied knuckles, smelling like diesel fuel, draggin' in after midnight deal!!!

BB

Angus Cowman":f90ylfmj said:
cfpinz":f90ylfmj said:
Angus Cowman":f90ylfmj said:
cf

I will be driving right by Duns so I would help ya get him in the truck or as far as that goes we can tie him down on the flatbed and if that don't work my wife will be along and she is real mean

Our wives must be kin!

If he slips down in his scaredy hole and holds up on us, you rope him and I'll jerk him out with the hydrabed.
That'l work if we have to we can hold him on the bed with the hydrabed arms one over his neck and the other over his feet

How good a shot is your wife?

Mine is an excellent shot and that has always kept me in check, only thing her eyesght is failing I guess that happens when ya get as old as her :lol2:

Geesh AC you have set yourself up for a real zinger... I will let your all of your guy buddies do it though... :lol2:

Can't wait to meet Mrs. AC we will have sooooooo much to talk about.. :p

Fair warning!
Anyone trying to get me to IL had better come heavily armed. I was there in 1965 and again in 2006, that proved to be too often for my taste.

You all let me know when your rolling and i'll bring a couple gal homebrew and alil homegrown and ole Dun won't even know he left let alone where he is.

CF

What about this idea we tell ol Dun that we need his opinion on some good red angus cows and then when we get him in the truck we can tell him they are in Illinois
if he fights too much we can shoot him with a lil Rompin and when he wakes up he will be there

dun":3r3814st said:
Fair warning!
Anyone trying to get me to IL had better come heavily armed.
MM has pretty scrawny arms :help: , but I can carry a calf through a swamp.
Does that count?

AC - My wife shoots right handed and is left-eye dominant if that tells you anything. I'm safe.

I've been itchin for a reason to buy that tranq gun, looks like I'll be needin it for the trip. Sounds like fun. AC is bringin the rompem, BB roundin' up some wimmen folk and rusty's providing the spirits and homegrown (tobacco I presume). Yep, somebody's goin to jail.

angie":36po79mb said:
dun":36po79mb said:
Fair warning!
Anyone trying to get me to IL had better come heavily armed.
MM has pretty scrawny arms :help: , but I can carry a calf through a swamp.
Does that count?

I just wrestled a 200 lb calf and besides being dragged for 20 feet and my knees being a little bruised I did not let go..I won that round.. :nod: Long story as to why I had to wrestle the turkey, she escaped when feeding and went into the wrong pasture...it was my carelessness they always stay in ,,,,,,,until today... :roll:

Any hooo, I think Angie, MM and myself should have no problem grabbing Dun for the reunion. You know what they say never send a man to do a woman's job.. :lol2:

Wisteria- I think the reunion is a great idea. If you have people that have a need to get it deductible how about a cattle judging contest of one group of 4 cows or calves whatever and have all those interested judge them and call it a cattle selection practice. Have everyone interested pay $5 for the entry fee and split the entry fee 50% to the judge and the other 50% split among the people that place according to the judge. Everyone that enters gets a receipt they can thus prove the value to the IRS. It would still be enjoyable for anyone in the cattle business, it would create a lot of things to talk about and it would justify the expense for the IRS. You probably could get some local junior show people to bring their cattle for the class of calves. Just a thought.

I ain't concerned at all about writing this trip off! Me and CF is gonna run a side show operation while we're up there!
We're gonna charge $.50 each for folks to walk in and see ol' dun in captivity. We'll catch him up in one of them wild pig cages and put him on display under a circus tent and we'll advertise him as some sort of Half Man / Half Beast that was captured on some remote island.

Now, several of you are wondering how we're ever going to get him caught in that hog trap - very simple my friends. We'll bait him in with the one thing that almost no man can resist - Bananna Pudding with Nilla Wafers!!!

Maybe I am getting the wrong slant on this, but it seems to me that it is turning too business like. When Wisteria first suggested the get-together, I was ready to pack my bags. But if we look for too many ways to justify it monetarily, the fun part will suffer. I would really like to meet a lot of the people on the boards, visit and enjoy some great chow, but it is a little too far for me to drive to a business meeting. jmho.

Never too old...

I've received pm's from people feeling the same way... and if you look back, that was always my intention...just to have a get together that would be nothing but fun for all of us to cut loose and shoot the Sh@t....

Maybe we need to get back to that line of thinking and forget trying so hard to being able to write it off. Trust me, I understand that the economy is not good and that people need a reason to justify expenses but I really just wanted to have a party...with music, good food and good company. ;-)

Wisteria Farms":1jyyjgm5 said:
Never too old...

I've received pm's from people feeling the same way... and if you look back, that was always my intention...just to have a get together that would be nothing but fun for all of us to cut loose and shoot the Sh@t....

Maybe we need to get back to that line of thinking and forget trying so hard to being able to write it off. Trust me, I understand that the economy is not good and that people need a reason to justify expenses but I really just wanted to have a party...with music, good food and good company. ;-)

You're right on the money. If somebody is overly concerned about a deduction, they can get creative on their own. There's plenty of tractor dealerships around, plenty of cattle ranches, etc. Big whoop.

If you're looking for entertainment, I've still got my hula skirt from Halloween. I'm cheap, but I ain't easy.

Latest posts