When to have the CT Family Reunion...

Help Support CattleToday:

When is the best month for you IF you would come to the 1st CT Family Reunion?

• April

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • May

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • June

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • July

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • August

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • September

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • October

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • November

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters
show steer up":1o68ujmb said:
:shock: ding, ding :D

SSU remember what that remark done last time???? no fighting now we have moved on past that sort of thing on here. Now we will all be coming a long way to have a good time, me more than most so please don't lets get out of control before we even start.

Um....Lava?.....did you happen to notice the :lol: in my post? I was JOKING....
You're calling YOURSELVES opinionated azzholes...I'm just sayin if you want to have an azzhole convention out west...go for it but as Chrisy said, THIS PARTY is for having a good time with good friends...azzholes not invited...
p.s. if I get a little "testy" you're gonna KNOW IT....I promise.

show steer up":2mi1hr7o said:
Hay, just wondering will I be sent home if I have a hole azz. Being its a long trip and all I just want to make sure :(
Um..lets refer to the CT Reunion Rule Book....

Page 10 Section 3 B. 2 "Anatomy of the Cattleperson"...clearly states...
No one will be sent home for having a hole azz as the hole azz is necessary for elimination of the solids consumed

HOWEVER...
Section 10 A. 1 "Cattleperson Behavior"... clearly states...
If the cattleperson (or anyone in attendance with said cattleperson) is deemed to be an azz HOLE they will be avoided like the plague.
In the case of severe azz holedness the person WILL BE excused from the premises to maintain the partylike atmosphere for the rest of the guests...

So, I guess we have to decipher...do you have a hole azz or an azz hole? There really is a fine line that one mustn't confuse...

That's the trouble with these boards...you can't tell when people are joking...
DB...NO ONE is fighting! As a matter of fact, I was in Sarasota on Saturday and if I'd had more time I was going to look you up...

no kiddin...you shouldve.

the fighting thing WAS only jokin..but i guess yer right..good thing we aint drinkin huh....

shouldve pm'd me..id have called ya to come over or stopped for coffee..

you was a long way from home

Husband lived his whole life in Sarasota until some cute little blue eyed-blond dragged him North..haha.
Found out last week his mom has cancer so we flew down to "assess the situation" (lend support)...we were only there Saturday but if we'd had more time we'd looked you up (the thought crossed my mind). Yea, my parents were "snowbirds" for a short time.. husband went to Riverview High (and so did I but we were 5 years apart)...anyway, he knows Myakka City well...used to go 4-wheelin out there and a place called "the extension" with Betsy (his truck)... :lol2:

Had a real good dinner up on University Pkwy at a restaurant called StoneHill..StoneCreek..Stonewall...Stone-something. Just wish we had more time and under better circumstances...

Wisteria Farms":22ccpnsk said:
You're calling YOURSELVES opinionated azzholes...I'm just sayin if you want to have an azzhole convention out west...go for it but as Chrisy said, THIS PARTY is for having a good time with good friends...azzholes not invited...

Yes Mam, I had the little emoticons turned on as well hopin' folks would realize I was jokin' about it.

I don't have a mean bone in my body and I like to have as good a time as any but I am just plain country folk and would not fit in with all you high rollers. And I am very opinionated - can't live as long as I have and not develop a few opinions that differ from those who haven't had the life experiences and who are just too stupid to benefit from those experiences. (see, there's one there!)

That's what I was jokin' about. Don't intend on offering a place to have a knock down - drag out drunkin party for a bunch of rabel rouser. I was jokin about have a place for us "opinionated" folks to go where we wouldn't have to rub elboes with the hoity toity and feel out of place.

Have a nice day. :D

lavacarancher":17w7lruu said:
Wisteria Farms":17w7lruu said:

Yes Mam, I had the little emoticons turned on as well hopin' folks would realize I was jokin' about it.

I don't have a mean bone in my body and I like to have as good a time as any but I am just plain country folk and would not fit in with all you high rollers. And I am very opinionated - can't live as long as I have and not develop a few opinions that differ from those who haven't had the life experiences and who are just too stupid to benefit from those experiences. (see, there's one there!)

That's what I was jokin' about. Don't intend on offering a place to have a knock down - drag out drunkin party for a bunch of rabel rouser. I was jokin about have a place for us "opinionated" folks to go where we wouldn't have to rub elboes with the hoity toity and feel out of place.

Have a nice day. :D
Well, last time I checked I think we'd done a good job of runnin the "hoity toity" out of town... Most everybody on these boards are "just plain country folk" so I think you'd be most comfortable...I appreciate the benefit of your life experiences and I'm not too stupid to benefit from them (or anyone else's on this board)...we do get the occasional REAL LIFE azzhole but as you will see...they don't make it that long either..haha. Nice day back to ya..

:drink: Ill drink to that :drink:
and just in case
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dang im wishin i was gonna make it now...this is gonna be a good time..i can tell by the storys and the comraderie already!

bee rifdge extension im thinkin wisteria..or possibly out at the celery fields offa fruitville..god how did he move into snow country..you must be some kinda woman!

he would probly remember where i live as 9 ft road..wauchula -myakka road now. it runs from sr64 to sr70..yeah..stone somethin..cant afford to eat there but i know the place

DB...you're absolutely right... Bee Ridge Extension...funny story...in the H.S. yearbook he's pictured muddin in his truck with a girl sittin in the middle (only the girl in his truck WASNT his girlfriend)..haha..(obviously before me or he wouldn't still be breathin)...

He'll be readin all this tonight and I'll find out if he's familiar with where you're at...He does know the celery fields, I know, because friends of ours..her dad used to be a big celery farmer.

As to how we came NORTH...I grew up here and parents thought they wanted to retire in Sarasota. So, moved there late my sophomore year in school. Lived in Gulf Gate East down from Sarasota Square. Met hubby (first date was taking me to the Riverview/Sarasota High "rivals" football game then a walk on Siesta Key). But, parents moved back to IL (too expensive to live on the coast) after I graduated. Dad was a big union man and kept telling us Jeff could make more $$ up here. So, we tried it...been here ever since. I have a lot of family here and the cousins took him huntin, fishin, etc. etc. and he just liked it (THANK GOD)...but we do love coming back...

It is a small world. I used to visit Sarasota area. Have friends on Siesta Key. Beautiful area, fantastic beaches. Loved the Phillipe Creek oyster bar!!!

CKC1586":9vuh4u7v said:
It is a small world. I used to visit Sarasota area. Have friends on Siesta Key. Beautiful area, fantastic beaches. Loved the Phillipe Creek oyster bar!!!
OH MY GOSH!! We used to go to the Phillipe Creek Oyster bar all the time...Jeff LOVES oysters (I don't)...I'm sure you must have visited Big Olaf's Ice Cream on Siesta Key too...
Another funny thing...there USED TO BE a restaurant (if you crossed the bridge and turned right...then before the road turns a sharp left...right there) was a restaurant called the Magic House. They did magic tricks at your table..and it was my birthday. Well, the guy comes over and starts making (what I think is a balloon animal)...NO...its a HAT that he crams on my head as all the wait staff start in with the "Happy Birthday" song... I was mortified!!! This "hat" looked like a scorpion perched on my head with the stinger high in the air...Good Lord...

Did you ever go up on Longboat Key? St. Armond's Circle is nice to walk around at night..they have a really good fudge shop there...

Yup, like the sunset restaurant on Longboat, that isn't its name I don't think, but when you go in for dinner you tell them what time the sun will set, the winner gets their dinner free. St Amands circle is neat. Really had a good time every time we were down there no matter where we went. Stayed at a place on Lido beach one year. Just not a bad beach there....

CKC1586":1mw38oxg said:
Yup, like the sunset restaurant on Longboat, that isn't its name I don't think, but when you go in for dinner you tell them what time the sun will set, the winner gets their dinner free. St Amands circle is neat. Really had a good time every time we were down there no matter where we went. Stayed at a place on Lido beach one year. Just not a bad beach there....

You stayed on LIDO?!!! You wild woman you...were there a bunch of naked old geezers running around? :lol:

The only place we ever ate on Longboat was (I think) the boat club...(not Marina Jacks before the bridge) but when you go across the bridge its the first restaurant on the left. Had some friends that were trying to "impress" and took us there...nice place but too ritzy for my blood. They had caviar on the salad bar... geesh!!

There USED TO BE a place (only went there once) if you went on Longboat and followed it North as far as you could go...it was a seafood shack...had picnic tables end-to-end and served up oysters by the bucket-full...LOVED THAT PLACE but never got the chance to go back and doubt its still there. It was expensive but VERY casual (beachwear) and for one price they'd bring you just a mountain of whatever you wanted..oysters, crab legs, etc. Good memories...

wow ...yall know more bout the local beaches here than i do and i live here....course im not rel closeby and the beach is nuthin to me cept for a place to fish once or twice a yr..dont do saltwater much anymore...

i couldnt tell ya a good place for seafood cep to got to cortez fish market and cook it up at home. we had oysters right offa the boat into my truk on easter..awesome ..i drove onto the dock.

lido isnt like it used to be..homos have taken it over last i heard lotta seedy stuff goin on there. even was a great place to fish but not to hang out anymore.

funny...listeningt o yall talk about places i dont even know about :lol:

st armands is 8$ ice cream cones..we dont go there either. phillipe creek is good eats tho. bout 50 mi drive tho..course what aint..gas is 12 from my house. wally world is 30 almost

Latest posts