when did joel salatin become the editor of the stockman grass farmer?

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider":2p2zw11f said:
That boy has a nice house...

joel-osteen-house.jpg

That's because he's #blessed.....and a really good salesman.

greybeard":bz2j88vz said:
Yep, but that's the bare minimum, preferably several, and then one of them high $$$$ LGDs...no 'ordinary' dog will work.. (In all my years of having and being around livestock, and being around those who do, I've never actually face to face met a single person that admitted having one of those 'LGDs'. Not one. I guess I've just been traveling in the wrong circles)

I done figured that whole LGD thing out tho. Your LGD runs the predators off your property on to our neighbor's property to harass and kill his goats, chickens and lambies, and his LGD runs them off on to his neighbors place, and that neighbor's LGD runs them off onto his neighbor's place, and that neighbor's LGD runs them off back on to your place and the cycle starts all over again. So much simpler than a bullet between the eyes..:roll: which of course, is unfair/Un-American economics anyway, because bullets are way cheaper than a high $$ Pyr, and using that 20 cent bullet is tantamount to stealing because it is taking $$ directly out of the Pyr breeder's pocket. Me and my neighbors are all crooks I suppose, because we just believe in feeding the buzzards with dead carcasses of coyotes, and sometimes maybe perhaps shooting the buzzards when they come for the coyotes...
:hide:

I love all the folks on facebook asking about getting a donkey or LGD to keep coyotes away. Any time you suggest they get a longhorn, which will give you a calf to pay for itself, they act like you're crazy.

Olsteen's Lakewood church in Houston was once a basketball arena, Compaq Center. Seats 16,000 but he got lots of criticism for not opening it's doors as a relief center the day after Hurricane Harvey flooded most of Houston. To hear the local news tell it, that failure was almost as big a story as the flood. (They did open the doors and went right to work feeding and clothing thousands, but only after the news carried The Big Story.
Last I heard, he was worth 40-60 million bucks.

(I've never watched or listened to any of his tv or radio broadcasts)

bball":32dx3ix3 said:
Bestoutwest":32dx3ix3 said:
HDRider":32dx3ix3 said:
That boy has a nice house...

joel-osteen-house.jpg

That's because he's #blessed.....and a really good salesman.

That preacher resembles a young inyati...

Not as slick, or articulate.

GB, I have checked him out on Youtube b/c I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. He's very, very slick. He's extremely good at what he does, and honestly, doesn't have that bad a message. However, I do get upset when he does his whole "You too can be rich, successful and happy just like me, all you need to do is buy this book" sales pitch. In scenarios like this, only he gets rich and everyone spends money trying to find that bit of gold.

cfpinz":16ikj882 said:
Workinonit Farm":16ikj882 said:
Dave":16ikj882 said:
Back when I was working at the conservation district we constantly had to deal with those type of people. They were certain that Salatin's word was the gospel. Nothing that could be said would change their minds. I got to watch more than one train wreck.

And that has made it difficult, at times. They believe it to be "the only way" to raise cattle, hogs, whatever. As a result of that, when you try to explain that there are different ways, for different reasons, for different situations, they give you the deer-in-the-headlights look, and then look at you and talk 'at' you like you were born yesterday, because they are now convinced, that you really are just a dumb farmer, redneck-hillybilly, uneducated, hick who needs to be taught the "right" way and will start espousing how "farming" and agriculture are ruining our planet, etc and that Salatin's ways are sustainable......blah, blah, blah.

You can't fix stupid.

We use to say that you have to be more than 50 miles from home to be a expert. Good old Joel is from the other side of the country so he had to be an expert. And his stuff can be found on the internet so it has to be right.

Latest posts