What's the temp in your area?

Help Support CattleToday:

Good Morning to all. 50 here and supposed to get in mid 70's. Winds gusting up to 40mph.

Cal

backhoeboogie":3umz34d8 said:
Calman":3umz34d8 said:
Winds gusting up to 40mph.
Cal

Those winds have us all worried about fire.

Been over 25 all night. Now they've issued a high wind warning. I can hardly wait!
Funny that in the desert we considered 35 mph just an afternoon breeze and here I squawk about 25.

I luv herfrds":1h7y7dm0 said:
It was 5 above at 11pm last night and it is -12 below this morning.

And you just have to share it, don;t you? Low tonight is supposed to be around 50, dropping to the 20s in the afternoon. Sure wish you folks would be selfish.

When I got up yesterday it was 40f , no wind. This morning it's - 25f and the wind is howling like %@#^. Supposed to stay like this for three days. Even brought the dog inside. Yet another Alberta advantage.

Well it got here-- and hit with a bang....I don't envy anybody calving now....It was 34 degrees Above when I went to bed last night- 5 BELOW this morning...NW wind at 35-40 mph with temp down to -9 now giving us windchills of -35 to -40....
Snowing and blowing and visibility is about 1/4 mile...I don't even know where the old girls came from this morning, just appeared out of the storm when I drove in with a couple of bales....Tried to feed behind all the windbreaks to help them- and keep the hay from blowing to SD....

Predicting 25- 30 Below tonight with wind chills of 50-60 Below...I hope I've remembered to plug all the right heat tapes, heaters, and light bulbs in.....

They let the kids out of school this afternoon at 2PM-- Bitterly COLD out....I went to town today around 11 AM only because I had a doctors appointment that it took 3 months waiting to get into....Much of the 5 mile trip was at 5 mile per hour because otherwise you couldn't see the road....

After the Doc said I'd live to be 100 - I stopped at the waterhole- where all the weekend fishing tournament folks were showing up (two SIL's took the $650 1st place with a 11 1/2 pound walleye they speared :clap: )...

Headed for home about 3PM- snow had quit and the sun was trying to shine-but still quite a ground blizzard- altho the roads are blowing pretty well clear and all the snowdrifts are building in the barrow pits and coulees....When I got home I ran out to make sure the floats weren't froze on the water tanks- and plugged my vehicle in and thought my hands were going to fall off since I'd cleaned up to go to town and only had a light pair of roper gloves on...Still haven't got them warmed up..

Temp is -20-- Wind is out of the WNW at 35-40 mph and the windchill is 50 Below....

Not fit for man or beast.....Man am I glad I'm not calving for another month and half...

Storm ripping across the prarries was -3 this morning supposed to get bellow -45 with the wind chill tonight and tomorow, nothing like a good old fasioned blizzard to let you know spring is a long way off.

During the day yesterday the high was 52. Temp has fluctuated between 54-55 all night long. Gonna snow this afternoon

Good Tuesday morning! It is crazy here, was 18 F, Sunday and got up to 45 yesterday with rain, more rain today and 40 s, but the forecast calls for single digits by tomorrow morning with gusting winds and snow, said to expect wind chills at -20 or worse.

Good morning , 60 here in my neck o the woods. Looks like a norther coming in this afternoon.
Supposed to have temp drop to 40 and wind advisory gusts possible up to 50 mph from the north west.Looks like I better tie a boat anchor to my belt. Could blow me all the way down to BHB's place.

Cal

Minus 40f here this morning but the the wind has calmed down quite a bit. Waterers froze up yesterday. 4:30 this morning got up and flushed the toilets to make sure the house water was still good. But at 6:30 when my wife got up to shower there was nothing. :roll: Willing to trade my place straight across to some one in Texas,I can be out of here by 9am this morning. :lol:

Temp at 6AM was 25 below with little wind-- as the sun raises the temp continues to drop (-31 now) and the wind is coming back up---making a chill factor somewhere between 50-60 Below.....

Definitely a brisk morning!!!I don't think I'm going to get in too big of hurry feeding- as I haven't seen a cow move off their bedground or out of a hole yet....

When I thought to look at 6:45 am it was -20 below. Wind out of the east about 5-7 mph. Don't even want to think of wind chill.
Feed truck was really stiff this morning.
I was wondering about you OT. Weatherman said possibly -45 windchill in your area last night.
Too dang cold.

I think the weather liars may have gotten this one right. In 15 minutes it's gone from 68 to 56.

Don;t know how much time elapsed since I said it was 56, but it's now 52!

Just got back from town is -8 here. That is standing temp.
The wind is blowing like crazy.
What am I still doing here?

What do people see in this country :( A high here of -11 now it's -22 :help: BUT the wind :shock:
I don't want to know the wind chill. :cry2:

Latest posts