What's the temp in your area?

Help Support CattleToday:

We are -18 and with the windchill it is -42! This is utterly ridiculious! It was 40 above here yesterday. Bedded down the girls tonite, they didn't look to happy!

Finallt stabilized, for a while anyway, at 16 degrees. The wind has laid down to only in the teens. Starting to feel balmy, or maybe thats bomby

dun":10sxhui0 said:
Finallt stabilized, for a while anyway, at 16 degrees. The wind has laid down to only in the teens. Starting to feel balmy, or maybe thats bomby

Still some brisk air to come dun....High today was -15, now its down to -20 at 6PM on its way to what they are predicting will be -25 tonite...Nice thing is the wind has gone down as the sun sat....

Oldtimer":3uaswq2u said:
dun":3uaswq2u said:

Still some brisk air to come dun....High today was -15, now its down to -20 at 6PM on its way to what they are predicting will be -25 tonite...Nice thing is the wind has gone down as the sun sat....

I'm afeered you're right. Now they;re talking 7 inches of snow on thursday. At least that will put something in the precip gauge for january.

It is a balmy -31 now.We got to a high of -29 but that darn wind and any exposed skin freezes right away.
Supposed to be -41 tonight but know wind and then Thursday a high of -22.

The 4 girls due any minute now might hold off until the weather warms up.

The SPCA in the city issued a notice to all animal owners that if you leave your pets out without access to housing they will take your dogs/cats away form you and charges will be layed.They have had record amounts of dogs that had to be rescued the last few days and a lot had already suffered severe freezing and lost ears and such.

Homeless shelters are at maximum capacity. People have jobs but there is not enough housing in Alberta.

Stay warm and safe everyone.

Well, went from 40s yesterday and rain, down to 10 this morning with Lake effect snow, winds 20 to 30 with gusts 45, wind chill -13
Roads are an icy mess and many folks woke up to no power.

hrbelgians":36ud9ouh said:
50 degees yest at 8:00 p.m and................3 degrees at 4:30 a.m :shock:
Must have taken longer to get to you all then it did to us.

27 here this morn supposed to get to the 50's and winds also 50mph. But today out of the south.

Cal

13 here this morning. Last night dropped from 50 to 25 in about an hour. Windy .

Larry

KenB":vifu7jqm said:
72 yesterday, 16 this AM

You must be pretty close to me. We went from 70 yesterday afternoon to 15 last night in a hurry.
I was sort of getting used to last weeks cold spell, but I don't think anyone can get used to 70 to 15 especially with 65 mile an hour wind.
I have never seen the wind like it was yesterday. (well I've never seen the wind period). I thought the place was gonna blow away. Roof on the barn was rattling like crazy. I had a cow calve yesterday morning, so I put her in the barn, when I went back to check on her she had broke out, I think the noise spooked her. She is usually very calm. She went over a cattle panel, so I replaced it with a corral panel and she is still there. Anyway she was 2 hours ago. Never take anything for granted with cows.

Went from 48 to -8 in about 12 hours here, with a wind chill of -38. Suppose to moderate a bit by weekend.

Right now it's at a nice temp of -25 C with a wind chill factor of -34 C, wind coming out of ESE at 11 km/h with a light flurry of snow. Better than it was a couple days ago. :banana: ;-)

42 degrees her this morning and supposed to drop after 9am to the 30's
Okies to north of the red river to get snow and we're to get rain.
NEED MOISTURE BAD!

Cal

Somewhere around -6C right now... wind out of the east with a pile of snow supposed to be comming later mixed in with some ice pellets.
Yesterday was beautiful and the day before that was miserable with 80 kph+ winds. No school today!!:D

The bitter cold moved out of here--Got to 25 ABOVE yesterday- around 0 last night....Today we had a little snow and about 18...
Suppose to be up and down for next week- highs around 20- lows around 0--BUT then the long range predicts a warm up- maybe into the 30's- close to 40's.... :D

Latest posts