What would you do if an intruder broke into your home (Poll)

Help Support CattleToday:

What would you do if an intruder broke into your home?

• Call 911?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hide or Flee the Home?

• Shoot the Intruder?

• Total voters
msscamp":27tgpnaf said:
millstreaminn":27tgpnaf said:
I can't say I would or wouldn't shoot to kill, depends on the circumstances, but I know I would shoot to wound. A shot in the leg-shoulder should slow someone down...

And leave you wide open to a lawsuit that the intruder would win.

Not to mention you would them and it allows them to draw the small pistol in their pocket or ankle.

Nothing should ever be shot to wound, neither Dog, Deer, Any Animal nor Human.

Besides I am not a very good shot, if I shoot to wound I might miss and accidentally kill them, then I would feel terrible about it! :lol:

Wewild":2jyegruk said:
I never new that a pistol , gun or rifle was good for wounding the intended target.

You never watched Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, Lone Ranger, Johnnie Mack Brown :shock: Never a bad guy killed- just a lot of guns and knives shot out of their hands ;-) :lol: Once in awhile one of those shoulder "flesh" wounds... :roll:

Then their was Lash Larue- didn't need any guns, just take the bad guys guns away with his bullwhip.... :lol: :lol:

Had a problem last year with a couple of guys from the city raiding shops around us. They would hook chains to the bumper of their truck and the shop doors and tear them off. They got away with 4-wheelers, power tools and anything else they could carry away.
They were seen at a federal wildlife preserve with a weapon and a game warden was notified, illegal to have a firearm there, he chased them down and saw a bunch of the stolen items in the back of their truck. He then called that counties sheriff's department. They were arrested.
Their house was watched and it was seen that one of the guys father and girlfriend were removing things from it. Couldn't do anything about it without a search warrent.
Judge threw out the case because the game warden had not seen them with the gun. They got to keep all of the stuff. :mad:
People know their faces.

Oldtimer":ta74d5h7 said:
Wewild":ta74d5h7 said:
I never new that a pistol , gun or rifle was good for wounding the intended target.

You never watched Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, Lone Ranger, Johnnie Mack Brown :shock: Never a bad guy killed- just a lot of guns and knives shot out of their hands ;-) :lol: Once in awhile one of those shoulder "flesh" wounds... :roll:

Then their was Lash Larue- didn't need any guns, just take the bad guys guns away with his bullwhip.... :lol: :lol:
You beat me to it Oldtimer. I was going to suggest shooting the gun out of their hand and Lash Larue bullwhip tactics.

Wonder how many of us remember Johnny Mack Brown and Lash Larue?

Ryder":33qp3olw said:
Oldtimer":33qp3olw said:
Wewild":33qp3olw said:

You beat me to it Oldtimer. I was going to suggest shooting the gun out of their hand and Lash Larue bullwhip tactics.

Wonder how many of us remember Johnny Mack Brown and Lash Larue?

Watched many a saturday matinee "serial" of both...They always left you on a cliff hanger, so you had to go back the next week to see how they escaped the Indians or saved the fort....
Then every once in awhile it would be "Flash Gordon"- who was always battling some space creatures and left in some perilous scene on Mars for next week....

Saturday matinee was the only thing Dad would let me out of driving rake in the hayfields for a few hours for :)

i lived in an apartment when a rapist was on the prowl when i was younger . i went into the bed room and heard something at the front door . when i went back in the chain lock was swinging , so i went and got my shot gun and open the door . the shot gun came out first , there was no one there . but my nieghbor right a cross open his door and saw me with the gun . all he said was, "which way are yoiu going to be shooting so i know where to move my couch "

Shoot to kill, then call 911 to let them know about it.If someone is breaking into my home, he/she isn't on a social visit so he/she will not get a sociable greeting. 911 in my area will not help much - too few deputies, no one works deep nights and no house numbers in the sticks. You're pretty much on your own.

Latest posts