What A.I. Red Angus Bull for 06

Help Support CattleToday:

a, I am sure that has alot to do with it, but also because they are a little finer boned animal, and they milk heavier than needed.

I am pretty sure it is availalble. Their were some sons sold by Ross Knott in NE this spring.

Heck, those Hoff bulls are so good, ddon't they "sell themselves"?

If they are worth $1500 more than the next ones, I wouldn't worry about time, I would make time.

mtnman

We used MMD on some Panhandle cows and got one heifer worth keeping (Barely) and she had one calf and was open. I didn't see one positive thing about the bull, and his calving ease numbers (CED, CEM) are terrible for having a low birthweight.

BRG,

SSS sold their first Norseman King sons, apparently their ultrasound data was bizarre.
Sale was ok!

Do you have any weights and measurements of the SSS bulls from him?

How was the IMF scores and what do those cattle frame out at a yearling. From what I have heard down here, they are ussually in the mid 5's, is that correct? I here great things about this bull, but I have never seen him or sons yet.

I am unsure of the IMF scores. They are somewhere in that 5.5 - 6 range for frame.

Again another tragedy of the Purebred World.

The ultrasound on the SSS bulls was done by chuteside. The REA wasn't adj to a year of age it was actual. The REA per 100lbs then becomes an important number.

I have no idea why anyone wouldn't use CUP when the Cdn Assoc covers the cost of the data being reviewed through the CUP lab.

These bulls get marketed with great REA and WOW! But if they are great they will need to be bigger than that. That is what I would called misrepresentation.

Lots of breeders would be guilty of that.

A good Red Angus bull to use would be RRF Robin 3M on cows. I've seen numerous pics and liked them all. He's a Grand Canyon son that some breeders should use. Good cow family, good honest ownership without the hype. He was shown at Denver a few years ago and looks to have all kinds of muscle. I am going to use him on some of our cows this year. I think he is worth a look to a lot of breeders!

We too are starting Red Angus this year. We are always commercial charlois so this is a huge change. We are looking at a New Trend Bull. Any suggestions?

I really like the look of the peach colored Charolais x Red Angus calves. Should make a good cross. You might check with Brylor in Canada for the New Trend line.

New Trend is fine, might not have enough jam if you are used to Charolais.

No more New Trend available in the USA, or so they say.

Where Breding all of are Cows to Perks advace 121R and Perks chateua 309R

The 121R Seman is alittle on the High Side but that bull is worth Ever Penny. We Went out to peipers to buy a bull but seeing 121R him self was worth a Trip on its own.

Not Sure what where Breeding are Heifers to this year any Suguestions?

BA":nfbx9lzp said:
A good Red Angus bull to use would be RRF Robin 3M on cows. I've seen numerous pics and liked them all. He's a Grand Canyon son that some breeders should use. Good cow family, good honest ownership without the hype. He was shown at Denver a few years ago and looks to have all kinds of muscle.
I sure like this bulll real well too. He could be one of the better young Red Angus bulls out there this year. Sure worth taking a look at.

Does it appear that Advance is making his sons tight in the girth?
I have seen calves off of a brother to Advance 121R and they are much the same way. I wonder if linebreeding Rambo would be responsible for that.

Robin Hood that close for most is not real kind. Cattle seem to be OK, no bell ringers.

Latest posts