UPDATE: Price of diesel in your neck of the woods?e

Help Support CattleToday:

Just bought 900 liter farmdiesel (red colored). The bill was 1086 Euro.
So thats 1.20 Euro /liter. Hope it's enough diesel to drive al year long on my green monster.

DC

Since April, highway diesel has been $4.04 gallon. Red farm diesel we bought for tractors was $3.43 a gallon and we also bought a storage tank with 12V pump for here.

87 octane gas finally "came down"...yeah...to $3.59 a gal last month.

Strange, since Texas has major refineries on the Gulf Coast! Politics, investers, market players... :mad:

87 octane gas is 3.17 road diesel is 3.44 and red fuel is 3.20 and still droping. every little bit helps when you buy 200 gallons a day.

We need to quit subsidizing people that make ethanol. It should be against the law to sell ethanol, all it does is ruin your stuff.

Gasoline was at $3.36 this morning. 87 octane. I splurged on $40 worth. By noon someone is trying to promote a 50 cent increase to 3.85. One seller holding at 3.36. Doing all the business.

Running Arrow Bill":38rgpgga said:
Since April, highway diesel has been $4.04 gallon. Red farm diesel we bought for tractors was $3.43 a gallon and we also bought a storage tank with 12V pump for here.

87 octane gas finally "came down"...yeah...to $3.59 a gal last month.

Strange, since Texas has major refineries on the Gulf Coast! Politics, investers, market players... :mad:

All of those refineries tie into the Colonial Pipeline.
It is all going in the Colonial Pipeline headed for Herny Hub NY and the tank farm's along they way to the east coast.

highgrit":1jijliun said:
We need to quit subsidizing people that make ethanol. It should be against the law to sell ethanol, all it does is ruin your stuff.
No one is forcing you to buy it. Subsidize ethanol or subsidize corn either way the govt is involved whether i like or not. Btw i disagree about it ruining your stuff.

iowa hawkeyes":828lc548 said:
highgrit":828lc548 said:
No one is forcing you to buy it. Subsidize ethanol or subsidize corn either way the govt is involved whether i like or not. Btw i disagree about it ruining your stuff.
If ethanol is not ruining stuff than what else is diffrent that is.

Ethanol is horrible stuff and was never meant to mixed with hydrocarbon's causes all kind's of problem's.
It cost a fortune to transport as well as it can not be shipped or pipelined due to water absorbtion. Shipping must be rail car or tanker to be sure it remains water free.

So let's review .
Negative's
Government mandated.
Increase's out tax burden by reducing mileage to federal and state giovernment's.
Attach's water that causes acidity and corrosion issue's
It reduce's mileage this is simple physic's as it has less btu's
Ethanol take more energy to grow and ship it than it produce's.
Increase's the price of corn driving up the price of nearly every food product.
It is the most costly fuel we are burning even after being subsidized.

Positive's.
Raises revunue's for Politician's .
Benifit's the corn lobbiest and corn farmers.

I did some research a year or so ago on the price of diesel. Was wondering why diesel was cheaper than gas years ago and now cost more. What I found was that it is primarily due to our refining set up. It is my understanding that a refinery when built is designed in two configurations. In one configuration about 30% of total production is diesel. In the other much less. Since he have not built any new refineries lately the supply of diesel has not change much over the years, while the demand has increases. This increase demand is primarily from Europe where diesels cars are popular. Here, I think diesels car have difficulty meeting pollution regulations. So now instead of having an oversupply of diesel in the US, we export that diesel and that has caused the cost to be more in line with production costs. The ships that carry diesel to Europe return with their excess gas as they have the opposite situation, not enough diesels and too much gas. And of course more recently higher sulfur standards and higher taxes on diesel push the price up.

Douglas":2qwu6g8c said:
I did some research a year or so ago on the price of diesel. Was wondering why diesel was cheaper than gas years ago and now cost more. What I found was that it is primarily due to our refining set up. It is my understanding that a refinery when built is designed in two configurations. In one configuration about 30% of total production is diesel. In the other much less. Since he have not built any new refineries lately the supply of diesel has not change much over the years, while the demand has increases. This increase demand is primarily from Europe where diesels cars are popular. Here, I think diesels car have difficulty meeting pollution regulations. So now instead of having an oversupply of diesel in the US, we export that diesel and that has caused the cost to be more in line with production costs. The ships that carry diesel to Europe return with their excess gas as they have the opposite situation, not enough diesels and too much gas. And of course more recently higher sulfur standards and higher taxes on diesel push the price up.

Nephew worked for a refinery in Baton Rouge area. His answer was " extra process to remove sulphur". The newer model diesels require a "urea" additive that cost ? , but it cost.

lynnmcmahan":3ja04gso said:
Douglas":3ja04gso said:

Nephew worked for a refinery in Baton Rouge area. His answer was " extra process to remove sulphur". The newer model diesels require a "urea" additive that cost ? , but it cost.

A lot of diesel is being exported to countries where refineries do not have to meet EPA spec's.
The EPA mandated low sulpur hwy diesel in 2006 many refineries opted out versus spend to cost to meet EPA requirement's. They had three option's convert it to gasoline, export it or convert it. Most chose option 1 or 2.

[quote

Nephew worked for a refinery in Baton Rouge area. His answer was " extra process to remove sulphur". The newer model diesels require a "urea" additive that cost ? , but it cost.[/quote]

A lot of diesel is being exported to countries where refineries do not have to meet EPA spec's.
The EPA mandated low sulpur hwy diesel in 2006 many refineries opted out versus spend to cost to meet EPA requirement's. They had three option's convert it to gasoline, export it or convert it. Most chose option 1 or 2.[/quote]

Heard the Hefty brothers (Ag Phd) say they had to add sulphur as a soil amendment since it has been refined out of fuels. Remember acid rain?

I installed a scangauge on my truck several year's ago and this helped with the mileage.
It really let's you know what driving condition's are eating your fuel. Keep my 7.3 under 2000 rpm's and it get's 20 mpg over and it fall's to 17. The system performs a ton of function's that help you monitor you vehicles perfomance. http://www.scangauge.com/

CB, my dad told me that somewhere there should be info on what is optimum performance via RPMs for my 06 Dodge, but I have no idea where to look for that. Do you (besides your scanguage)?

Latest posts