Diesel cost

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
Thursday on the way home from the sale I filled up in Baker. Diesel was $5.10 a gallon. I was down to Ontario today. The signs at the stations all said $5.15. I drove to the other side of the river into Idaho. Diesel there was $4.69. Less than half a mile away 46 cents cheaper. I know that Oregon fuel tax is higher but only by 6 cents. I bet I know where the people who live around Ontario go to get their fuel.

Ordered farm diesel to be delivered to the farm Tuesday. Didn't even ask the price. Probably 350-400 gals

Thursday on the way home from the sale I filled up in Baker. Diesel was $5.10 a gallon. I was down to Ontario today. The signs at the stations all said $5.15. I drove to the other side of the river into Idaho. Diesel there was $4.69. Less than half a mile away 46 cents cheaper. I know that Oregon fuel tax is higher but only by 6 cents. I bet I know where the people who live around Ontario go to get their fuel.
LA area refineries are getting 3.88 a gallon at the terminal. Everything west of the Rockies is higher.
Gulf Coast refineries 3.22.

Oregon is participating in that new climate tax BS therefore raising gas prices up about 50 cents a gallon

Oregon is participating in that new climate tax BS therefore raising gas prices up about 50 cents a gallon
All the rumors of that have come from the west side. I have heard no confirmed reports of that being true here. The little sticker on the pump says our fuel taxis 38 cents. I know Washington's tax is over 50 cents. Fuel in Idaho is always cheaper and their fuel tax is 32 cents so not that much lower than Oregon. I should just put the slip tank into the pickup bed and fill it up over in Idaho.

Fuel is high and will probably remain high for many more years. My fuel bill gas/diesel for the pickups I drive is $550-600 a month if we don't take any trips. We don't even look at fuel prices anymore, there's no need.

All the rumors of that have come from the west side. I have heard no confirmed reports of that being true here. The little sticker on the pump says our fuel taxis 38 cents. I know Washington's tax is over 50 cents. Fuel in Idaho is always cheaper and their fuel tax is 32 cents so not that much lower than Oregon. I should just put the slip tank into the pickup bed and fill it up over in Idaho.
It's not listed as a tax, but don't think the oil companies are not passing it along. Fuel went up .50 cents overnight. Washington has sold $1.9 billion in carbon credits that directly affect the price of fuel.

It's not listed as a tax, but don't think the oil companies are not passing it along. Fuel went up .50 cents overnight. Washington has sold $1.9 billion in carbon credits that directly affect the price of fuel.
That gallon is taxed at the well, port, refinery,pipeline,tank farm and the pump
Don't forget the mandated bouquet blends of gasoline as well.
When I started there were three when I retired there were 27 in the book.