Cost to retire each state

Help Support CattleToday:

Currently I am wondering how my widow neighbor is going to survive.
Neighbor and friend died earlier this year, she can't draw widows benefits due to being a retired schoolteacher.
This is total BS as teachers are penalized where other segments of society aren't.
Neighbor only drew SS a couple of years no other real planning ever entered his mind.

TennesseeTuxedo":fc7dqlpa said:
You'd better be 100% debt free with your home/land and all equipment or toys paid for to retire on the numbers in that article.

That's exactly right. Especially once Health issues start. I would hate to retire around here without a couple million laying around. Or some very well producing assets....off to work I go.

I don't think it'll take a million to retire.
I see people without a dime, no job or anything and don't do shyt all day living better than I do

Cross-7":1gh3cj5o said:
I don't think it'll take a million to retire.
I see people without a dime, no job or anything and don't do shyt all day living better than I do

:lol2: :clap:

Caustic Burno":3tx13284 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3tx13284 said:
You'd better be 100% debt free with your home/land and all equipment or toys paid for to retire on the numbers in that article.

You are 100% correct also if your living paycheck to paycheck you better hang on to that job.

Taxes and insurance on the rent houses cut in to income. They all have metal roofs now. There are still other maintenance costs. Good renters are valuable.

Inflation is never calculated into the picture. No one knows what your $$$ will purchase in the near future. Look at how cost has risen since early 90s.

Retirement is the only reason I work outside the farm. I work for USPS, purely for the benefits. No way, in rural America could I make a decent enough wage to provide good health insurance and a decent pension for my family working anywhere else.

Latest posts