tranq gun for running steer

Help Support CattleToday:

hughnews

Reaction score
hello anybody use a tranq guy to shooot a steer .. who ran away from his farm ? 5 miles to a cow farm .. now walking around the elec fence .. any ideas? 9 months old

We used one on a heifer a couple of years ago. She had gotten out on 200 acres of woods that belonged to an a**hole who threatened to shoot her if we didn't get her off his place the next day. Of course he cooled down a little when he got a friendly call from the sheriff. Anyway, we got a dart gun from the vet and even though we told him about how much she weighed he must have put too much tranqualizer in the dart or it doesn't take much because it put her out and we spent about six hours in the woods waitng for her to wake up so we could get her into the trailer. She was a halter broke heifer but got scared and we couldn't get her to go back through the hole in the fence that a deer had made. Anyway, if you use a tranq gun be careful and don't shoot him with too much or it'll knock him out completely.

the owner put up a Pen with corn . the next am the farmer walked up and there it was . in the pen fence . strangled

cowboyup216":1ascli16 said:
I dont buy that. In all my years of cattle raising I have never seen a bovine strangle itself in a fence.

Seen a few, Mom lost a bottle calf last year that hung himself in a cattle panel. I figured in your infinite wisdom you had seen/done it all, I'm greatly humbled.

cfpinz

cowboyup216":5389rzhw said:
Nope I can honestly say that in all my years in cattle I have never seen one hang itself like that. Not saying it cant happen maybe ive just gotten lucky but I havent seen it. Thats weird man. Secondly, whats with the sarcasm. No need to hijack a post with sarcasm? I am a nice guy unless you push me and you are about to do that. Im telling you this once. Don't hijack my posts or I will hijack every single one of yours and make sarcastic remarks on every single post you make. I will make your life heck on here and match you post for post and every post will be sarcasm on threads that you start. I have said my peace and I am done with this thread. Good Night.

I have an excellent sense of humor, please let fly.

cfpinz

cowboyup216":15b8naqx said:
LIKE THE FACT HE KILLED THE DARNED THING and made it look like an accident so he wouldnt get in trouble.

:???: Just how, exactly, would one go about doing this? :?

msscamp":20whtz5t said:
cowboyup216":20whtz5t said:
LIKE THE FACT HE KILLED THE DARNED THING and made it look like an accident so he wouldnt get in trouble.

:???: Just how, exactly, would one go about doing this? :?

While we're asking, I would like to know too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

cowboyup216":tor11kif said:
Mss camp if ya cant figure that out you aint very bright and I sure as heck aint gonna spell it out for you. I am telling you ONE TIME what I told cfpinz. You had best stop trying to instigate things on stuff that I post or I will make your life not very fun around here. I will hijack every thread that you post on and instigate you with sarcasm. YOU have been warned.
You need to learn some manners Bubba.

MikeC":aa5ozjm1 said:
cowboyup216":aa5ozjm1 said:
Mss camp if ya cant figure that out you aint very bright and I sure as heck aint gonna spell it out for you. I am telling you ONE TIME what I told cfpinz. You had best stop trying to instigate things on stuff that I post or I will make your life not very fun around here. I will hijack every thread that you post on and instigate you with sarcasm. YOU have been warned.

Now thats funny you have been warned by a pup.

Caustic Burno":3q4npcof said:
MikeC":3q4npcof said:
cowboyup216":3q4npcof said:

Now thats funny you have been warned by a pup.

Now, now CB - you're going to ruin his self-image! ;-)

I remember an issue of Canadian Cattlemen's Mag a few months back warning about leaving barb wire rolled up and hanging on a fence around calves.It showed a pic of a young calf that obviously went to it for a scratch and the poor thing ended up having it as a noose around it's little neck.So anything is possible.I don't have years.......around cows yet, but unfortunately I have seen some very strange things.

Latest posts