Jeans for Women Farmers?

Help Support CattleToday:

Moooooo

Reaction score
I got married, and my wife arrived with girly jeans that are really blue stretch pants pretending to be jeans. The ones nearly all women wear now. They are useless on a farm where there are thorns and so on. She still has not visited the pasture or the woods.

We went to Rural King. I figured they would have Carhartt jeans just like mine, in a ladies' cut. No such luck. Just acres and acres of men's jeans, plus the useless girly kind.

What kind of jeans do women wear on farms?

They make women's wranglers and Lady Lee jeans. I have worn Lady Lee jeans for 60 years... wranglers do not fit as well as the lee jeans... also have gotten a few "bandolino brand" women's jeans that are real "jeans"...some are in stretch combination with cotton for better fit... LL Bean makes a good woman's jean ... I have a couple of pair of their flannel lined jeans for the colder days in the dairy barns when I am milk testing.

Just get the JCPenney or Sears catalogs out and order. Wait a minute, never mind. Probably Walmart would be good as about all clothes are made in Vietnam, China etc. including Walmart's brands. What farmerjan said would be good. TSC have Carhartt brands as I was there yesterday and they sure are proud of them. I picked up a regular cap with Carhartt on the front that was $24.99 and I didn't even go to trouble to try it on. I really liked their regular leather looking Carhartt billfolds until I seen the price tag of $39.99 and I gently placed it back on the shelve.

Last edited:
I peruse the Goodwill stores and buy 99% of my jeans there... Haven't bought a new pair of jeans in probably 20-30 years.... used to be 4.99 and then 5.99 for years.... now up to 7.99 at Goodwill... but if I find some in my size I will buy 3-6 or all they have of my size and type... tried some others and can tolerate the bandolino ones... but for me Lee riders ladies are the only ones I really want.

Thanks for the replies. I wear Carhartt because they sit at my real waist, they last about ten times as long as Levi's, and they are tailored for work, not sitting on a bar stool. They have lots of pockets, and there are no rivets to scratch furniture or cars. Turns out Carhartt doesn't make anything like this for women. Very strange.

I'm hard to fit. Carhartt, Duluth & Ariat make good quality jeans for women, but I can rarely find my size. And I won't wear high waisted "Mom" jeans. I buy almost all my jeans at The Buckle. They may be a little more pricy and "girlie" but since I wear them every day, it's worth it.

Just get the JCPenney or Sears catalogs out and order. Wait a minute, never mind. Probably Walmart would be good as about all clothes are made in Vietnam, China etc. including Walmart's brands. What farmerjan said would be good. TSC have Carhartt brands as I was there yesterday and they sure are proud of them. I picked up a regular cap with Carhartt on the front that was $24.99 and I didn't even go to trouble to try it on. I really liked their regular leather looking Carhartt billfolds until I seen the price tag of $39.99 and I gently placed it back on the shelve.
I won't buy Carhart anymore. They've priced themselves out of my market, just like Levis did back in the eighties.

My wife buys online...

I won't buy Carhart anymore. They've priced themselves out of my market, just like Levis did back in the eighties.

My wife buys online...
I did kind of the same when I young I wore Levi's then went Carhartt and liked them until they changed them. When they made them low waisted I stopped buying them. I went to Wranglers for a while, now I just get cheap Rural King blue jeans.
My wife gets hers at Walmart.

I may sound cheap, but I get my work trousers at the flea market for $2 a pair. They are used returned work uniform trousers, and a lot are like new. Heck, I have even got some nice enough to put a dress shirt with. My waist has always been small compared to my thighs and jeans never fit right. In HS I could get 11 feet on the vertical.

I may sound cheap, but I get my work trousers at the flea market for $2 a pair. They are used returned work uniform trousers, and a lot are like new. Heck, I have even got some nice enough to put a dress shirt with. My waist has always been small compared to my thighs and jeans never fit right. In HS I could get 11 feet on the vertical.
I can still get 11' on the vertical but I need to use a ladder

I'm hard to fit. Carhartt, Duluth & Ariat make good quality jeans for women, but I can rarely find my size. And I won't wear high waisted "Mom" jeans. I buy almost all my jeans at The Buckle. They may be a little more pricy and "girlie" but since I wear them every day, it's worth it.
Our kids and grandkids were looking through old family photos over the Thanksgiving holiday.
They found a picture of their mom, wearing those "Mom" jeans. Oldest daughter commented "dang mom, if your jeans were a little taller you wouldn't need a bra!"
I busted a gut. Of course she was exaggerating (it's a genetic defect), but we did all laugh at those britches. Picture was dated May 1985

Our kids and grandkids were looking through old family photos over the Thanksgiving holiday.
They found a picture of their mom, wearing those "Mom" jeans. Oldest daughter commented "dang mom, if your jeans were a little taller you wouldn't need a bra!"
I busted a gut. Of course she was exaggerating (it's a genetic defect), but we did all laugh at those britches. Picture was dated May 1985
So you understand why I can't go there!!!:ROFLMAO:

They make women's wranglers
I have not read beyond that because there is no need to. Well made, inexpesive enough, work fine/last long time and the best lookin women's butts I ever saw (and believe me, I've seen/looked at a LOT of em in 73 years) had a W on their pocket.

Sexist? Yep, so shoot me. I'm old and just don't care.

Last edited:
I got married, and my wife arrived with girly jeans that are really blue stretch pants pretending to be jeans. The ones nearly all women wear now. They are useless on a farm where there are thorns and so on. She still has not visited the pasture or the woods.

We went to Rural King. I figured they would have Carhartt jeans just like mine, in a ladies' cut. No such luck. Just acres and acres of men's jeans, plus the useless girly kind.

What kind of jeans do women wear on farms?

Bass Pro sells Women's 511 pants, they're tough, and Burr's Don't stick to them, they're a kind of canvas, that doesn't feel as heavy as the men's Carhartt pants they Last really well and they wear really well and they don't have stretch in them.