tranq gun for running steer

Help Support CattleToday:

msscamp":23zzbdc4 said:
I'm absolutely quaking in my fuzzy bunny slippers! :lol: :lol:

worthless.gif

Where are all the posts of UP216? I can see where he is quoted but I don't see his actual posts. Could it be my pop-up blocker is blocking his inputs of such wisdom and experience?

Rustler9":39fs49gm said:
Anyway, we got a dart gun from the vet and even though we told him about how much she weighed he must have put too much tranqualizer in the dart or it doesn't take much because it put her out and we spent about six hours in the woods waitng for her to wake up so we could get her into the trailer.

When the vet asked me to help him round up some wild cows, they were all like that, once darted. We followed him around winching them up into the trailer. I thought a tranqualizer was suppose to knock them out. Don't really know tho. Only seen it on two occasions with multiple animals each time.

backhoeboogie":olsiqqsf said:
Rustler9":olsiqqsf said:
Anyway, we got a dart gun from the vet and even though we told him about how much she weighed he must have put too much tranqualizer in the dart or it doesn't take much because it put her out and we spent about six hours in the woods waitng for her to wake up so we could get her into the trailer.

When the vet asked me to help him round up some wild cows, they were all like that, once darted. We followed him around winching them up into the trailer. I thought a tranqualizer was suppose to knock them out. Don't really know tho. Only seen it on two occasions with multiple animals each time.

Tolazine is the "reversing agent" for Xylazine.

Give them that they wake right up!

MikeC":3fjqzsd0 said:

Mike I guess I never hung around for that part. My "help" was with catching or winching. Once we had that done, we were done. He probably waited until he had them back to the pen. The other time they went to the sale barn. I am sure they had to be awake in time to stroll through the auction.

jw":1nz9jx83 said:
Where are all the posts of UP216? I can see where he is quoted but I don't see his actual posts. Could it be my pop-up blocker is blocking his inputs of such wisdom and experience?

TTCLM (Cowboyup216) went BY BY for being an idiot, nothing new for him. This is the 3rd or 4th time he has been taken off the board. No big loss.....

backhoeboogie":2g1h91z2 said:
MikeC":2g1h91z2 said:

Mike I guess I never hung around for that part. My "help" was with catching or winching. Once we had that done, we were done. He probably waited until he had them back to the pen. The other time they went to the sale barn. I am sure they had to be awake in time to stroll through the auction.

The guy who came out and tranq'ed one for me said he shot her with just enough to make her pretty groggy. Then she needed to be at the barn a couple of days before the sale so she'd have time to recover and be alert by auction time, because she'd get docked pretty good if she was still groggy.

Cuz

CUZ":3b4i3kci said:
backhoeboogie":3b4i3kci said:
MikeC":3b4i3kci said:

The guy who came out and tranq'ed one for me said he shot her with just enough to make her pretty groggy. Then she needed to be at the barn a couple of days before the sale so she'd have time to recover and be alert by auction time, because she'd get docked pretty good if she was still groggy.

Cuz

No need for that. Just give them the Tolazine, a few minutes later you'd never know they were injected.

Latest posts