Tied the knot

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie":3q4w1017 said:
Me and that cute lil new gate opener got hitched Saturday. I've known her since '76. She's good to me. She's good to my grandsons.

So now I have a new boss lady to run things around the house! :)

Dang I'm slow to make a decision, but you got me beat :lol2: .

Congratulations!!!! Sounds like you've made a good decision!!!

Larry

backhoeboogie":2vrx0n49 said:
TexasBred":2vrx0n49 said:
Now you done it. Married way over your head. Couple of months and you'll be punching a hole in your belt...not letting it out. :lol: :lol: :lol2:

You're dead on TB. She can make those old school chicken and dumplings that melt your mouth. The kind your momma made back in the early 60's.

She builds everything from scratch. Her cobbler is to die for. She threw one of my home grown roasts in the crock pot and there were no left overs.

Did you hear all that moaning and groaning? That was me laying around try to digest the food!

Wow Congrats finding a good woman who can make old school chicken and dumplings and a good cobbler is like winning the lotto

Best wishes---hoping you have many happy years. Sounds like you're both pulling on the same oar--jumping in to help wherever help is needed rather than having "his" and "her" jobs. I think it's more fun that way, personally! ;-)

Texas PaPaw":39uxm72a said:
Congratulations and best wishes. You forgot to mention that she is a good hand with the bottle calves also. Sounds like a keeper to me.

:) She's nuturing alright.

Thank you all.

She's not been around cattle much. She wants to know all about everything. She does what I ask her to do because she does not know any better. Doing my best to explain to her why I do the things the way I do them.

I am a lucky man. Blessed to have her.

5-10-14A.png

Looks good on you.....so do those extra lbs you mentioned..... :nod:

Congratulations!

Congratulations and best wishes! Sounds like you have both found a great partner in life. Remember good relationships are not 50 /50 the best are 100 /100 . Take good care of each other. :tiphat:

Lost a calf out of a 21 month heifer. Calf was cleaned. Heifer is down. Mexican Vultures all over when I got there. The vultures may have taken out the calf. Don't really know.

Came home and got the trailer. Went back and cranked the heifer up in the trailer. Took a while.

Heifer is on her haunches. Eating and drinking.

Sweet Thang insisted on going back with me. Right there in the driving rain until midnight. Soaked to the bone and cold in that north wind.

She's a keeper. Hustled me up some supper in a hurry when we got home. I don't have to ask her for anything. She gives and gives and looks for ways to do more.

I am blessed.

Latest posts