This one's for Dun- from Greenwillow

Help Support CattleToday:

Nice Herfords!!!!

I have been watching this thread occasionally for a pic. of the calf from the heifer on the left. That was Feb...should have a baby by now..update us!!!! 8)

mtnman":4fuqtvvv said:
Are those bad wheels gonna shorten her lifetime?

mtnman
Hey, mtnman! I wondered if anyone else noticed those cow-hocked 'cambered' hind legs?! But - maybe it is just the way she is standing.

preston39":11z69cmv said:
Nice Herfords!!!!

I have been watching this thread occasionally for a pic. of the calf from the heifer on the left. That was Feb...should have a baby by now..update us!!!! 8)

Thanks. You missed the update. I was very busy during the time, and failed to notice that another heifer was stealing milk from the unborn calf. When I found out, I separated them, and the next evening she had a calf that was premature, a 40# bull. He lived 2 days. Vet said his lungs weren't fully developed. I introduced a $100 Holstein calf, putting the scent of the dead calf on it, and the heifer immediately accepted him. She is doing a fine job raising him. He is about 3 and a half months old, and I'd guess him to be at least 350#. I'm working on getting some more pics posted.

The heifer's "wheels" aren't nearly as bad as they look in the picture; it was the way she was standing. Supposed to be moving my bull back in with the girls on Monday. He's been in service at our north location between Adair and Chelsea where my oldest brother lives.

Latest posts