Ready for some cream

Help Support CattleToday:

tex452

Reaction score
My daughter n law has been telling me for several years that she was going to start milking a cow, so I thought I would have cream to make butter, she has three of these jerseys all having there second calf, but she is always having me grand babies and is either pregnant and taking care of the little ones, I'm not complaining because I love my grandkids, bring them on lol.
She said she's not having anymore, four is enough.
I have her jersey's here at the house, my back is too bad to milk a cow anymore.

Attachments

• IMG_3267.jpeg
    IMG_3267.jpeg
    535.9 KB · Views: 13
My daughter n law has been telling me for several years that she was going to start milking a cow, so I thought I would have cream to make butter, she has three of these jerseys all having there second calf, but she is always having me grand babies and is either pregnant and taking care of the little ones, I'm not complaining because I love my grandkids, bring them on lol.
I have her jersey's here at the house, my back is too bad to milk a cow anymore.
What kinda bull sired the calf, Tex?

And a FINE LOOKING mama jersey she is!
Looks to me like she's looking for a second calf tho, in that pic.....

🙂

Get you a mechanical milker my friend. @Lannie
@farmerjan
@TexasJerseyMilker
All can tell ya about everything there is to know about em!
Easy cream for you.

And a FINE LOOKING mama jersey she is!
Looks to me like she's looking for a second calf tho, in that pic.....

🙂

Get you a mechanical milker my friend. @Lannie
@farmerjan
@TexasJerseyMilker
All can tell ya about everything there is to know about em!
Easy cream for you.
My grandparents milked cows until they couldn't anymore, it was a way of life for them. My time is very limited plus my bad back, as much as I would like to make my own butter, it's too easy to buy the off brand butter. Lol
They will be moving these to my other place about 75 miles away, where they live now, I think my son wants to make nurse cows out of them.
They are very gentle you can walk out in the pasture and pet them.

My grandparents milked cows until they couldn't anymore, it was a way of life for them. My time is very limited plus my bad back, as much as I would like to make my own butter, it's too easy to buy the off brand butter. Lol
They will be moving these to my other place about 75 miles away, where they live now, I think my son wants to make nurse cows out of them.
They are very gentle you can walk out in the pasture and pet them.
According to the people on here that do this, you gonna have to add a calf or two and still need to milk her, to prevent mastitis. Our Jersey has 2 and 1/2 calves on her, and they still get a half gallon of milk from her. And she isn't fed, just bermuda hay free choice.