Some New Girls...with Just a Touch of Ear

Help Support CattleToday:

I had not heard of a blood tiger. Didnt realize there was a name for that cross. I think i can borrow a stout hereford bull (would still need to look at him in person) and might do that. The biggest brahma of the group was jumping on the other heifers today but none jumping her. Overall, pretty excited for this group. Enjoy hearing everyone's thoughts and opinions. I sell at okc stockyards where the dock is not as bad as most local places.
Even though off colored cattle sell ok where you are, I believe for a group as diverse in color and breed as these are, I would use a homo for black Simm bull. You might not get hurt as bad there as other places, with red, white, smokies, spotted etc, calves as in other places. But, a uniform crop of black polled calves surely wouldn't hurt you, either.

I would love to have the Gyr speckled front one just to have another "lawn ornament" to off set my longhorn..... it would drive my son nuts... I just like some odd ones .....
Would make for a couple of fun calves. I do not think there is anything wrong keeping a couple around as a lawn ornament or two. As you, big fan that they need to at least pay their way though.
The spotted gyr, though, is one of the least tame of the group.

I had not heard of a blood tiger. Didnt realize there was a name for that cross. I think i can borrow a stout hereford bull (would still need to look at him in person) and might do that. The biggest brahma of the group was jumping on the other heifers today but none jumping her. Overall, pretty excited for this group. Enjoy hearing everyone's thoughts and opinions. I sell at okc stockyards where the dock is not as bad as most local places.
I have a blood tiger.
The stripes are real faint.

Latest posts