New girls

Help Support CattleToday:

Sold the older cows earlier this year and I'm starting over with these 3 heifers. Their all about 15-16 months old. The bull comes on the 20th.View attachment 32451View attachment 32452View attachment 32453

Nice!
I like the first one the best. That last one appears oddly long long in that pic.

I see they have heat patches on. What's the story there?
20230722_182003.jpg
Maybe a better angle, Is she still "oddly long "? I don't think so.

What are they? I have one fairly similar to the "long" one that came by way of the neighbors bull. Similar from the shoulders forward - head shape and that ear hair in particular. I'm thinking a little Simmental in the mix (for mine) but I'm not sure.

What are they? I have one fairly similar to the "long" one that came by way of the neighbors bull. Similar from the shoulders forward - head shape and that ear hair in particular. I'm thinking a little Simmental in the mix (for mine) but I'm not sure.
The first one is registered angus PVF SURVEILLANCE 4129 daughter , the 2nd one is also registered Angus and a BC LOOKOUT 7024 daughter the 3rd one is a 60/40 limflex heifer.

Really like the first 2 ! Third one will probably do well but she's a little thicker made , and that could be because of her being a cross . I like long necks and length through the rib cage and flank on my cows . I was taught by an old cow man that was femininity in cattle .

That limflex is a nice cow. With the right bull, I bet you get some stout calves.

You planning on going reg Angus or AB?
She is stout, she's out of a local Limousin breeders favorite cow that is 8yo. I brought in a young limflex to breed them, I might have got one AI, we'll see.

The first one is registered angus PVF SURVEILLANCE 4129 daughter , the 2nd one is also registered Angus and a BC LOOKOUT 7024 daughter the 3rd one is a 60/40 limflex heifer.
Thank you, I meant to say Gelbvieh rather than Simmental, but Limo makes sense too. When I look over the the fence there's a lot of red.