Think she will make milk?

Help Support CattleToday:

Better pic today.
I sure love this cow. 2 sets of 2 calves in one year. I sure hope Bessies daughter does the same. I'll find out come March next year with any luck.
Grass is going away here. Rain tonight and tomorrow they say but it may be too late aside from the main pasture that has some canopy to it. That'll help a bunch!
She always stands so pretty!!
20230910_093957.jpg

Better pic today.
I sure love this cow. 2 sets of 2 calves in one year. I sure hope Bessies daughter does the same. I'll find out come March next year with any luck.
Grass is going away here. Rain tonight and tomorrow they say but it may be too late aside from the main pasture that has some canopy to it. That'll help a bunch!
She always stands so pretty!!
View attachment 34861
Beltie looks preggy...

With a belly like that she's gonna have two... and they will each be as big as she is if she waits till March.
I honestly thought she was gonna calve this spring. I figured they missed her short bred at the sale. She just had a lot of belly. Can't get enough grass it seems. 🙃

Bull went in end of May this year.

Wow! They look great! How old are they here?
About 4 months.
Glad ya made me look!
I didn't think they had been on her that long. If I catch a baby at the sale tonight I may just wean em.

The black baldy is about 400lbs.
I guess these 2 will wean pretty easy. They graze and eat feed already!

Edited to add..
Baldy will be 5 months old October 24th

About 4 months.
Glad ya made me look!
I didn't think they had been on her that long. If I catch a baby at the sale tonight I may just wean em.

The black baldy is about 400lbs.
I guess these 2 will wean pretty easy. They graze and eat feed already!

Edited to add..
Baldy will be 5 months old October 24th
What a great cow! Those calves look good for 4 months old. Ours are now 3 months old and still doing great. Weight a few weeks ago was 230 pounds each. The ones you helped with grafting. Hard to believe that long has passed already. I am debating weaning the steer at 4 month and leaving the heifer till 5 month which will be when our cow is to dry up. Hope you find a new calf!

Latest posts