Brassieres for milk cows

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasJerseyMilker

Reaction score
I was looking at pictures of the Cattle of Iceland and found this low cut style. Actually it has slipped back.
250px-Cow_in_Iceland.jpg

So I searched cow udder supports and found this. Apparently they are quite a thing in Brazil.

004_128_IMG_azevedo.jpg

Cow brassieres can be purchased in the United States but I doubt many are needed because US dairymen have bred for good suspensory ligaments. https://www.somatco.com/letupudder.htm
Let-Up-Udder.jpg

When my Jersey was a first calf heifer I made her a bra out of an old sweatshirt and two bathrobe belts but it wasn't for support. It was to force the calf to nurse on the back two little short teats and stretch them. It didn't work.
Daphne's brassiere.jpg

Women get this too. It's called Furniture Disease. That's when your chest falls into your drawers.

Last edited:
I was looking at pictures of the Cattle of Iceland and found this low cut style. Actually it has slipped back.
View attachment 22148

So I searched cow udder supports and found this. Apparently they are quite a thing in Brazil.

View attachment 22149

Cow brassieres can be purchased in the United States but I doubt many are needed because US dairymen have bred for good suspensory ligaments. https://www.somatco.com/letupudder.htm
View attachment 22150

When my Jersey was a first calf heifer I made her a bra out of an old sweatshirt and two bathrobe belts but it wasn't for support. It was to force the calf to nurse on the back two little short teats and stretch them. It didn't work.
View attachment 22151

Women get this too. It's called Furniture Disease. That's when your chest falls into your drawers.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
My perverted mind is seeing all that udder fall out......

Reminds me of Rodney Carrington
All right. That's enough grandma. Roll em back up!

That's what happens when farmers look at production only and not at body conformation and udder/teat traits...been there done that, and it can be crippling

I found this in the Merck Manual under Traumatic and Structural Disorders of the Bovine Udder

Breakdown of Udder Support Apparatus of Cows

Failure of the suspensory ligaments of the udder (usually the medial suspensory ligament) occurs gradually in some older cows, often related to overengorgement and edema, and leads to a dropping of the udder, resulting in lateral deviation of the teats and making teat cup attachment difficult. Occasionally, acute rupture can occur at or just after parturition. Animals with this condition are at high risk of developing mastitis. There is no successful treatment; supportive trusses generally are not satisfactory. The condition is suspected to have a genetic basis, and these animals should be removed from the milking herd.

It says "support trusses" (cow brassiers) are not satisfactory, which is odd because they sure are are in women.

Back in the hippy days I majored in agricultures for a while. Our professor was an older country gentleman who told it like it is. One day he was lecturing on dairy udder support and the importance of the suspensory ligament. And that cows with blown ligaments were known as 'swing bags'. Then he said "I should not say this because there are some women in the class these days . . . . . But there are a lot of swing bags walking around this campus".

Latest posts