Think she will make milk?

Help Support CattleToday:

I had to go put eyes on em. Ain't seen any of em since I turned em out in the big pasture. I guess there is a water puddle out there somewhere still. Ain't filled water since Saturday eve.
All is well! Shes such a good mama....
Appears I was able to save the pastures. Got enough outta here last year and fed enough hay. Need more rain still tho.
20230626_194659.jpg20230626_194827.jpg
I don't think I will ever find another like Bessie. I'd gladly pay 3 times what I gave for her for another just like her!

I had to go put eyes on em. Ain't seen any of em since I turned em out in the big pasture. I guess there is a water puddle out there somewhere still. Ain't filled water since Saturday eve.
All is well! Shes such a good mama....
Appears I was able to save the pastures. Got enough outta here last year and fed enough hay. Need more rain still tho.
View attachment 31671View attachment 31672
I don't think I will ever find another like Bessie. I'd gladly pay 3 times what I gave for her for another just like her!
Would you sell her for 3 times what you gave for her?

The red one is really deep.
He was out of a ginormous black cow!
If I remember right around 1800lbs. Great big ol blowed up udder.
He has black nose, tail and hooves. I actually bottled him a while. He wants nothing to do with me now.

I left him a bull..... we will see

He was out of a ginormous black cow!
If I remember right around 1800lbs. Great big ol blowed up udder.
He has black nose, tail and hooves. I actually bottled him a while. He wants nothing to do with me now.

I left him a bull..... we will see
I was about to ask if you had plans for the two. The heifer looks decent, smaller but her adopted brother aint helpin her look bigger.haha

@Jeanne - Simme Valley I almost wonder if he will brindle. Here he is when I was bottling him...
Screenshot_20230802-202915_Gallery.jpg
@branxchar&charx
I have no plans to keep the heifer.
The bull maybe.
Gonna sell a BUNCH of stuff this fall. All those one n dones. Adopted babies. Cheap pairs.
Then, if all goes right, something awesome is gonna happen!!

That heifer looking at the camera is worth keeping.
I thought the same thing. She is definitely a dandy. But if i recall correctly, Murray said she might be slightly high headed. Unless she was stirring the herd, I'd give her a chance. BUT prices are really good now too.🤷‍♂️🤔

I thought the same thing. She is definitely a dandy. But if i recall correctly, Murray said she might be slightly high headed. Unless she was stirring the herd, I'd give her a chance. BUT prices are really good now too.🤷‍♂️🤔
I take your point (and his) about the calf being "high headed"... and she looks it in the photo.

Does anyone have any good ideas about how to calm a calf that's on the wild side?

I take your point (and his) about the calf being "high headed"... and she looks it in the photo.

Does anyone have any good ideas about how to calm a calf that's on the wild side?

That one ain't stupid. She was on a bottle for a bit too. I think. Heck I can't remember now.

The big gold cows giant heifer IS nutty. She may calm down a bit. Idk.

@Travlr
Remember the crazy white one I had a while back? The one jumped in and outta the hay loft of the trailer. She was so crazy I never let her let her out. Delivered her to the buyer.
They put a special leash around her neck so she wouldn't choke. Made one piece with a rope. They tied her to a tree for a week or two.
Once she learned they were source of food and water. She calmed right down.
They can even pet her now. She don't spook either.

Latest posts