the question of "objective"

Help Support CattleToday:

This topic was HOT some time ago, but Objective's carcass weight and B$ EPDs have greatly fallen with the beef dollar in the 61 dollar range. I think Objective's time is came and gone. Do y'all think the same way?

ccbr01":1m2nrbtb said:
This topic was HOT some time ago, but Objective's carcass weight and B$ EPDs have greatly fallen with the beef dollar in the 61 dollar range. I think Objective's time is came and gone. Do y'all think the same way?

To me, it has never mattered what his EPDs looked like. All of the progeny I have ever seen have been very frail looking with little to no rear quarter. The females have been especially light muscled through the rear quarter.

I have seen a couple of Objective sons that were ok, but AIT is 100% right about the females I have seen, frail, very flat muscle pattern, and I will add flat sided with little depth of rib or flank and high strung.. Maybe we went to the same sale, ha ha.

With every bull, I am sure there are some good Objective females somewhere I just havent found them yet.

Objective was already the next hot bull of choice for the purebred guys chasing $B, so that may certainly play a part in the phenotype.

Funny . . . 11 pages of posts and we're back to the original question. :D

I bought some cows carrying objective offspring. Not a one in the bunch that's a keeper for all the aforementioned reasons.

Sure he gives multipliers wood. As well as those looking for a terminal Angus with proven calving ease.

But he's ugly as sin and a terrible semen producer.

lakading":2oa1ulwo said:
But he's ugly as sin and a terrible semen producer.

be grateful for small mercies, if only Genex hadn't tried so hard to get semen on E161 and Future Direction :roll: :roll: :)

Latest posts