The Passengers

Help Support CattleToday:

Chuckie":yyeqcrw4 said:
:lol2: :lol2:
This was such a well written story until you threw that dead grandmother and the little brother in there. I believed it totally until you got to that part. You had me hooked all the way. You should write books, but leave out the dead grandmothers in the rocking chairs. :clap:
Xactly my thoughts.

Chuckie":25xzgnbj said:
It's 11:30 PM......And I don't have a bedtime story. I'll never get to sleep. :(

Sorry, Chuckie. I need a little time to plan another story. These stories come to me when I am working. Often when I am mowing. They start when I think on a recent event. "The Passengers" originated as I result of me giving someone a ride. I have neighbors who talk like the guy in the story. In conversations, they abbreviate what they say by putting several words into one word. Do people in your area of TN say "fit" in place of fight?

There are a lot of words they use instead of the real ones. I listen to them and I guess their parents said it. Then I wonder if the school system just accepted it too or maybe they tried to get it out of them but we always revert to what we know.
There is a word that I always heard the next county use (I guess I am going to get hammered as probably many may use it here, and it is OK) and that was the word "dreen" for the word, "drain." I am going to dreen the oil. What shocked me was when I heard my husband say it. He is not as country as some, but I suppose his family used that word. Some don't use the word oil. They use the word "awl." I am made for of for the "wasp." I say, "walsp." At work, I was raked over the coals in a fun manner by one guy. I would grab a hand full of hair after that and tell him he had a walsp in his hair. The "L" is almost silent, but you detect it is there. Like he was from another country. :lol2:

I gotta go....headed to the doctor. I am going to see if I have Cryptorchidism. They can do that and check your eyes can't they?

Chuckie":3q06nlaa said:
There are a lot of words they use instead of the real ones. I listen to them and I guess their parents said it. Then I wonder if the school system just accepted it too or maybe they tried to get it out of them but we always revert to what we know.
There is a word that I always heard the next county use (I guess I am going to get hammered as probably many may use it here, and it is OK) and that was the word "dreen" for the word, "drain." I am going to dreen the oil. What shocked me was when I heard my husband say it. He is not as country as some, but I suppose his family used that word. Some don't use the word oil. They use the word "awl." I am made for of for the "wasp." I say, "walsp." At work, I was raked over the coals in a fun manner by one guy. I would grab a hand full of hair after that and tell him he had a walsp in his hair. The "L" is almost silent, but you detect it is there. Like he was from another country. :lol2:

I gotta go....headed to the doctor. I am going to see if I have Cryptochidism. They can do that and check your eyes can't they?

One of the best lines in a long time. I burst out with spontaneous laughter. Chuckie, maybe your ovaries have not decended. :lol2:

Thank you, melking

skeeter swatter":2ne4n54j said:
So.... there really IS a shortage of women In KY? :mrgreen:
But if you read some of the other threads you'll notice quite a few are "retaining heifers" this year. Some lean, some heavy fed, some just right. :shock:

TexasBred":39sd7kge said:
skeeter swatter":39sd7kge said:
So.... there really IS a shortage of women In KY? :mrgreen:
But if you read some of the other threads you'll notice quite a few are "retaining heifers" this year. Some lean, some heavy fed, some just right. :shock:

:D :D :D :D
As Red Skeleton would say, "You, sir, are a mean, mean man."

Latest posts