The France post is already locked

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":10vdcom4 said:
3ca9c-monkeys1.jpg
means there is no evil?

3monkeys.jpg
means evil is seen heard and discussed openly.

3MS_2001.jpg

But no one seems to understand, that
1. Evil still exists even if we do not hear, see, or speak of it, and eventually, it will even come here--if ignored long enough by enough people--I mean by enough monkees.
2. The one with his hands over his mouth still sees and hears it.
The one with his hands over his eyes still hears and speaks of it.
The one with his hands over his ears still sees and speaks of it.

animals-three_monkeys-punishment-three_wise_monkeys-zoo-cage-tcrn535_low.jpg

And I suppose we're to assume that we can conquer evil with cartoons ??

greybeard":3biwxl8a said:

hxxbbg0tck8gx6bk9pyv.jpg

Perhaps someone close-by you can explain it to you in the correct context

No explanation necessary. I fully understand your cartoons. Just wonder why you always have the need to use them. I'd like to hear an original thought from you, not some cartoonist.

greybeard":23nj6l6b said:
3ca9c-monkeys1.jpg
means there is no evil?

3monkeys.jpg
means evil is seen heard and discussed openly.

3MS_2001.jpg

But no one seems to understand, that
1. Evil still exists even if we do not hear, see, or speak of it, and eventually, it will even come here--if ignored long enough by enough people--I mean by enough monkees.
2. The one with his hands over his mouth still sees and hears it.
The one with his hands over his eyes still hears and speaks of it.
The one with his hands over his ears still sees and speaks of it.

animals-three_monkeys-punishment-three_wise_monkeys-zoo-cage-tcrn535_low.jpg

Grey beard I seem to recall the same pics getting posted a few yrs ago and you and several others in here was in a Holy Hell uproar because those pics were RACISTS
I Guess they aren't racist because you post it
Just more of the double standards from members on here and in this world
Just admit it Grey you are a racist ba$tard like the rest of the white and black folks on here

TexasBred":3gja8qer said:
greybeard":3gja8qer said:

hxxbbg0tck8gx6bk9pyv.jpg

Perhaps someone close-by you can explain it to you in the correct context
No explanation necessary. I fully understand your cartoons. Just wonder why you always have the need to use them. I'd like to hear an original thought from you, not some cartoonist.
Sometimes, you have to watch quick if you want to see my original thoughts, before they get deleted.
I'll PM this to you in case it gets deleted.

The 3 monkeys--they seek something. Sanctuary. From reality. I'm not much on seeking sanctuary; not sanctuary cities, not a sanctuary lifestyle, or sanctuary websites, sanctuary news sources, or sanctuary classrooms. We, as a people, have been moving, slowly and steadily in that direction for about 30 years now, since the advent of the internet anyway. We shield our children from reality, from the ugly truths of the world and many of us look for ways to shield ourselves from it. This effort to insulate and isolate ourselves on a very personal level was well under way when 911 happened and for a short period of time, it shook us out of that folly of drawing ever decreasing concentric shapes around ourselves--beginning with the large one at our seashore line and ending with the very small one outside our front door. Wasn't long tho, we were right back where we were before. "Didn't happen here inside my tiny circle--happened way over there and had no direct effect on me, so I'm not going to worry about it, think about it, speak of it, and what's more, I don't even want to hear about it anymore--you want to talk about it, go over behind that tree and talk BECAUSE I WANT MY SANCTUARY!!"
The above mindset goes on every single day in this nation,within every single demographic and it's getting more and more prevalent. Why do people do horrible things to others here, and around the globe? Because they who would engage in this behavior know above all else, that ambivalence and insulation provided by those circles prevails nowadays. It has become our national pastime-ambivalence has and it's not because of any kind of politics--it's simply what this country has turned into. It creeps in, one little step at a time--here--then there--then across the street, then in your and my daily life and one day we wake up to find that the SHHTF again and we will suddenly wonder how we arrived at this point of ignorance and impotence. Ambivalence--that's how we arrived there. Those circles--those that draw them and those that support the drawing of them. See my sig?
JedStivers is right--he understands.

I went into the military in 1969--as now, the world was an ugly and very dangerous place. I saw and contributed my share of it. I got out in 1978. Would I do it again--if I were the same age today?
Not a chance in hades, and not because I don't still believe in the original foundation principles of this country but because I don't believe the current country with it's sanctuary seeking ambivalence is worth the effort, risk or sacrifice. If it were on fire, for the most part, I wouldn't cross the street to pee on it.

No greybeard, with that signature line you'd go again.
There's 52% of this country not worth it. There's 48% that are.
If this thing keeps going like I think it will and things finally go over the edge the 52% will loose a much larger percentage than the 48%.

GB, if there was a like button I'd be clicking on it.
This is most disturbing to me. I have 6 children, 3 married off and on their own with their children of their own. 3 teenagers still at home. None of them have been of conscious age to experience this nation before political correctness got a stranglehold over common sense. I pray my children at least get to experience great national leadership soon. I don't see a prospect for filling Reagan's shoes, but damn we've got some that could be close. We desperately need a "Father" figure in the White House. I believe many of the worlds problems could/would be remedied with proper leadership, but it must happen very soon. No doubt that it will take years to right the wrongs of previous and current policy, maybe decades. No doubt that isolationism cannot work anymore, in fact it's been off the table for good since the first ICBM's were developed. If we as a nation mess up again in November 2016, I truly believe our Republic as we and our children have known it, will cease to exist.
The Monroe Doctrine was great policy in an era when it took days/weeks to even send a message, much less mobilize and coordinate an attack such as we are discussing here.

GB, you articulated my feelings precisely in your above post. Probably the best post I have read on here yet. Thank you.

Yet for over two thousand years they have been referred to the the "Three Wise Monkeys".

3 Wise Monkeys teach a prudent and sensible approach to life. It is believed that the monkeys' gestures were a representation of a command to "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil." In other words the wise man is prudent in what he looks at, in what he listens to, and in what he says. He considers the consequences, makes sensible decisions and if he does not know what to do he asks.

So if these are 3 Wise Monkeys let's take their advice. Let's follow the meaning of this traditional Japanese proverb.

I just read the first thread and couldnt see anything wrong in it. There is more on this one that is wrong. What happened in France is awful, and it has just come on the news that the French police have captured four men who were coming over here to England to rain terror on London. Good on them I say. I don,t know what the answer is but what has been being done over these past 14 years doesn't,t seem to be working.

Yeah TB, let's draw some more circles, because that worked out real well in Japan's isolation period--they weren't allowed to even build ocean going ships and never saw a steam powered anything until Commodore Perry sailed into what is now Tokyo Bay. Japan is the only nation on earth to get itself into such a bind it ended up with not one but 2 atomic bombs dropped on it.
They too, tried to draw those circles around themselves (as did the Chinese) and thought themselves invincible, and that they couldn't and wouldn't be touched. The Chinese had their own version of the 3 morons, are now Communist and Japan has been fraught with economic decline and on again/off again recession since 1986.
I'm not at all surprised tho, that you would be in favor of following the urging of 3 furry primates.

And Chrisy, you are correct--what we have been doing is not the answer- and since so much of this country and the world constantly needs someone else to do their thinking and acting for them-we need to consult the monkeys and find out what to do next. Perhaps someone at G-20 will suggest that---I can just imagine the reaction from the other 19 nations.

greybeard":3incfamt said:
Yeah TB, let's draw some more circles, because that worked out real well in Japan's isolation period--they weren't allowed to even build ocean going ships and never saw a steam powered anything until Commodore Perry sailed into what is now Tokyo Bay. Japan is the only nation on earth to get itself into such a bind it ended up with not one but 2 atomic bombs dropped on it.
They too, tried to draw those circles around themselves (as did the Chinese) and thought themselves invincible, and that they couldn't and wouldn't be touched. The Chinese had their own version of the 3 morons, are now Communist and Japan has been fraught with economic decline and on again/off again recession since 1986.
I'm not at all surprised tho, that you would be in favor of following the urging of 3 furry primates.

And Chrisy, you are correct--what we have been doing is not the answer- and since so much of this country and the world constantly needs someone else to do their thinking and acting for them-we need to consult the monkeys and find out what to do next. Perhaps someone at G-20 will suggest that---I can just imagine the reaction from the other 19 nations.

I'll be dam. I think I shot that one right over your comb over GB. Thought you were a bit more intelligent. Oh well, I'm sure you prefer your version anyway with politics and anger than mine with faith and morals. :lol:

chrisy":2w2xo1qh said:
I just read the first thread and couldnt see anything wrong in it. There is more on this one that is wrong. What happened in France is awful, and it has just come on the news that the French police have captured four men who were coming over here to England to rain terror on London. Good on them I say. I don,t know what the answer is but what has been being done over these past 14 years doesn't,t seem to be working.

I think the offending posts were already removed...