The economy sucks, and people have no money

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
WRONG.. .the economy must be doing just fine considering the prices I've seen at some auctions...

Here's one... there were some cowbells, the first lot had a about 3 4" bells, the second 3 3" bells, and a bunch of other lots of miscellaneous sizes and types... only the first lot had anything really nice... someone bid 600$ a lot on nearly all the lots, he walked away with an armload of bells totalling $4200!!!

Then there was a nice anvil, probably 3-400 lbs.. it went for 1800...
OLD WASHBOARDS were going for over $100 each

there was tons of old *crap* that sold for big money... In fact, anything we wanted, the bidding started above our limit price

yep, people have no money!

on the other hand someone paid nearly $.78 /lb for a 1250 lb cull cow who's a bottomless pit for feed to us, which is more per pound that we got for nice heifers 5 years ago

ALACOWMAN":o9drp0dw said:
you can decorate horse turds and folks will buy em
Ala. sshhh.. dont give away my 2nd income on ebay. I sell em as Christmas ornaments or bug zapper enhancers.. :lol:

"Hey Buddy, can you spare a dime for a cup of coffee............."

Anyone remember that? It was long before star bucks came in to business.

Sad but true.. CB is exactly right. So many people in debt to the CC companies. I think we have about 40% of our nation on welfare.

Caustic Burno":bqpv51u9 said:
A lot of that money being spent is on a credit card.
Talked to a guy last night. Bought new tires for his wife's car.....2 credit cards and a little cash took care of it.

TexasBred":8wzxq7fl said:
Caustic Burno":8wzxq7fl said:
A lot of that money being spent is on a credit card.
Talked to a guy last night. Bought new tires for his wife's car.....2 credit cards and a little cash took care of it.
that little cash might have bought a good set of pull offs.... i aint bought a new set of tires in 20 years... for my vehicles

Alacowman, been looking for 16" 10ply LT's for over a month now without any luck. Dang truck mfg. went to 17" so the tire folks could raise their prices. Got a question for anybody, where's all the rubber that wears off the tires??

highgrit":dpdzsk9o said:
Alacowman, been looking for 16" 10ply LT's for over a month now without any luck. Dang truck mfg. went to 17" so the tire folks could raise their prices. Got a question for anybody, where's all the rubber that wears off the tires??
along with the size increase come a hefty price on those tire nothing to hear about 1000 to 1200 dollars for a set of tires,,, im still wearing a set of michelins LTX on mine that i bought for 30.00 the disposel fee on em.... what harder to come by is a set of 15's their scarce as hens teeth,, and the size i use on my work car

highgrit":2a8gfhyb said:

I have wondered the same thing, road should have to be scraped down once in a while to keep it from getting to tall.
Lot's of tire's on the road all losing rubber every turn of the wheel, there has to be a he!! of a pile somewhere.

Caustic Burno":1q02du9l said:
highgrit":1q02du9l said:

I have wondered the same thing, road should have to be scraped down once in a while to keep it from getting to tall.
Lot's of tire's on the road all losing rubber every turn of the wheel, there has to be a he!! of a pile somewhere.
i remember having the parking lot paved once at another dealer ,,, next morning the parts delivery truck came in taking down power lines .... nobody figured in those few inches of height

I run recaps on my truck in the summer, they're made of recycled hockey pucks. my dad was running Hankook Z38's (I think) that were a 12 ply rating and they lasted well, but couldn't find their way out of a wet paper bag. I bought Dick Cepek Mountainclaw's for my truck at $165 each and they're really good in mud and snow, but wear fast in the summer.

What's really hard to find is a 205/65r13 tire, and they used to be common

I think what it is, is that prices have gone way up, and our wages haven't so we feel poorer

Latest posts