3waycross

Reaction score
THE DEBT CEILING

* Democrats don't understand THE DEBT CEILING

* Republicans don't understand THE DEBT CEILING

* Liberals don't understand THE DEBT CEILING

* NO ONE understands THE DEBT CEILING

* Allow me to explain.

Let's say you come home from work and find there has been a sewer backup in your neighborhood.

Your home has sewage all the way up to your ceilings.

What do you think you should do -- raise the ceiling or pump out the shyt?

Your choice is coming in November.

I think they understand all too well, 3way. They understand that the US is no longer an industrial nation, instead we are a retail nation. We import everything except food, then run the biggest economy in the world by reselling it. Thus, we are a retail economy not an industrial economy. Retail economies do not generate wealth nearly like industrial economies. To keep the fairytale going, you have to have an overload of currency to keep everyone buying. Thus, they all know you cannot cut off the sewer line. We all are living on the shyt!!!!!!

Caustic Burno":rbiqfian said:
We can thank LBJ he is the one that put buying votes into overdrive and built an express
lane on the corruption freeway.

yessireebob

I think Inyati has the root cause of it about right, while waco has the solution!

I think it started before LBJ with the elimination of the gold standard, that enabled the printing of money with no tangible backing to it other than "a promise to pay".. that promise apparently didn't include a timeframe or things would have blown up in a big way before now.. perhaps it's still coming down the pike

Nesikep":2o8oadkz said:
I think Inyati has the root cause of it about right, while waco has the solution!

I think it started before LBJ with the elimination of the gold standard, that enabled the printing of money with no tangible backing to it other than "a promise to pay".. that promise apparently didn't include a timeframe or things would have blown up in a big way before now.. perhaps it's still coming down the pike

It is still on the gold standard or oil what ever you want to pick .
The more the government prints the less its worth.

Lets see.. Gold.. doesn't oxidize or deteriorate over time.. Oil, deliberately gets burnt into nothing.. I know which one I'd want to have a currency backed by if I were to invest in it.

Nesikep":hut05tj0 said:

Wasn't it Nixon that took us off the gold standard?

In Australia we have lost all our manufacturing and rely heavily on our mining. To compensate for the loss of jobs the government has created so much red tape and beaurocracy to provide jobs. Like with all the work place health and safety requirements the officers think they would like an offsider to boss around so they sit down and make up some more rules so they need to get someone to help police them. Road crews have two trucks a couple of stop go people and a couple of supervisors even before you get to the actual workers. Counselling is another industry all to itself, there always seems to be a team of counsellors ready to come in as it seems people can't get over even the most minor bit of a traumatic incident by themselves these days. Don't get me started on the legal profession who supposedly "care", yeh they care allright about how thick their wallet is going to be.
All this is just holding up but with the mining boom coming to an end I don't know where all this funding of these pretend jobs is going to come from.
Ken

These discussions can be put in the same category as those that debate whether black cattle are better than red cattle. :D

The debt has become essential to countries like the US. If you don't create wealth by turning raw materials into something of a higher value, then one of the means to maintain the current standard of living is by running a debt. Democrats and Republicans know that. It is Economics 101. Neither party is willing to kick the bucket out from under all of us. Who wants to be the party that caused all the pain? The pain will come someday because the same economics that requires us to float a massive debt will ultimately exert pain in other forms. Like inflation! Inflation like this country has never experienced. It will be the inflation that drove Germany to start 2 world wars.

There is a solution, but it should have begun 40 years ago. That is returning to an economy that creates it own wealth. An economy that includes milling and smelting. Using your own raw materials and textiles to make the goods you sell and use. Making your own clothes, tools, metals, household goods, furniture, vehicles, etc.

Caustic Burno":391yaecj said:
We can thank LBJ he is the one that put buying votes into overdrive and built an express
lane on the corruption freeway.
CB I heard that ol' LBJ voted 4 times in the 2012 general election and 6 times in the school board election.

I agree Inyati we need to bring our manufacturing jobs back from Asia. Would give Americans real jobs making more money that they could spend to better their lives and buy stuff instead of working at McDonalds and barely getting by or living on welfare. I remember when you went to a fast food place it was nothing but high school and college kids, now it is a bunch of middle age people.

wacocowboy":27yhq20g said:
I agree Inyati we need to bring our manufacturing jobs back from Asia. Would give Americans real jobs making more money that they could spend to better their lives and buy stuff instead of working at McDonalds and barely getting by or living on welfare. I remember when you went to a fast food place it was nothing but high school and college kids, now it is a bunch of middle age people.
That would create job.....but everybody would bytch about the price of things being too high while drawing $60 an hour.

Latest posts