The $20 dollar bill.

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms

Reaction score
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/don-lemon-suggests-harriet-tubman-20-bill-was-halted-because-trump-likes-slaveowner-jackson

Our family has no dog in this fight, but this isn't right.

I can think of only one reason that a person would object to Harriet Tubman on the $20 bill, and it isn't "historical pride". It's a shame that it's still so controversial in this day and age.

Edited to add: Anyone who has a problem with the faces on their money can PM me for a mailing address. I'll take care of all that offensive stuff for you.

I wouldn't expect anything different from you. It's called division by diversion to throw American history away. We sure don't need to appease illegal immigrants from days gone by. There's no denying we're all better off to let history be history. But there's no money or jobs in that.

Twenty years from now it won't matter as nobody will take cash. It will all be plastic so the bankers can get a cut of every transaction.

True Grit Farms said:
I wouldn't expect anything different from you. It's called division by diversion to throw American history away. We sure don't need to appease illegal immigrants from days gone by. There's no denying we're all better off to let history be history. But there's no money or jobs in that.
Why would you expect anything from me? I have less than 20 posts.

I just don't understand why this is a divisive issue. Tubman was a great woman who represented a lot of American ideals. Things change, and the way we view historical figures changes along with it.

Need to authorize a $25 bill and put Trumps smiling face on it. Yep this is political but the post started out as political. Andrew Jackson is the hero to the American Indians because he gave them Oklahoma.

hurleyjd said:
Need to authorize a $25 bill and put Trumps smiling face on it. Yep this is political but the post started out as political. Andrew Jackson is the hero to the American Indians because he gave them Oklahoma.
yeah they came out fine..he would have taken that away, if he'd lived 50 more years..like folks haul dogs off around here..

ALACOWMAN said:
hurleyjd said:
yeah they came out fine..he would have taken that away, if he'd lived 50 more years..like folks haul dogs off around here..
So it's him...Andy Jackson..that's droppin all them stray dogs off at my other gate...

greybeard said:
ALACOWMAN said:
hurleyjd said:
So it's him...Andy Jackson..that's droppin all them stray dogs off at my other gate...

They make the best dogs.

Son of Butch said:
The smart move would be to eliminate the penny, costs more to make, ship and use than its' value.
And the $20 bill should be phased out and replaced by a $25 bill.

You are right about the penny. I seen somewhere that Canada has already moved in that direction.

Son of Butch said:
hurleyjd said:
Andrew Jackson is the hero to the American Indians because he gave them Oklahoma.
LOL

Every Native American I know will give you a far different opinion of Andrew Jackson than hero.
Yep they were so happy they cried all the way.

Grow up and get over it!
There is not a race of people on earth
that has not been persecuted by another.
It's been happening since the beginning of time and will continue to the end of time. It's history and life .

Buck Randall said:
True Grit Farms said:
Why would you expect anything from me? I have less than 20 posts.

Almost 10,000 in the last two years under one of your other names.

Andrew Jackson is far from being my hero. During his earlier years, Jackson done what his country asked of him. Right or wrong. In his later years, he persecuted a plenty. But somebody saw fit to place his mug on the $20 bill once upon a time. I don't see where anything has happened since then to warrant removing it. I have no problem honoring Tubman. No need to dishonor someone else to accomplish this.

At the risk of getting this thread locked, which is not my intention, I have one more comment. Is there racism in this country? Absolutely. But it's not near as rampant as Jesse, Al and the media would have you think. Not even close. As a matter of fact, Jesse and Al promote racism. Because without the perception and promotion that black people are being oppressed, Jesse and Al would starve to death. There is some hatred across racial demographics. Always will be. But the fact is that the vast majority of black people and white people get along just fine. Most people are just like me. I could care less what color your skin is. Attitude, actions, and a lack of a sense of entitlement is what I look for in a person. Color be dammed.

greybeard said:
ALACOWMAN said:
hurleyjd said:
:cowboy: