Speaking Of Cattle Photos

Help Support CattleToday:

For a front cover I love the photo personally for me this is the way I would promote my bulls & or ranch, its this type of photo that will get comments & future sale enquiries. Nowdays it is very easy to send extra photos if a prospective customer wants to see more of this bull or any breeding age progeny that may be avaliable. I also like the photo because the bull doesn't look all tarted up for the show ring but in his every day clothes. To me it has it all; a good backdrop, good animal & a darn good photographer. Well done :clap: :clap:

It's a pretty good picture of an obviously above average Charolais bull standing in a beautiful pasture. I think what DOC would like to see (along with me), is the bull pictured in a more desireable way. It's a difference in opinion, and a stupid argument. My aunt is currently teaching her 2 yr and 5 yr old these principles, When she's finished I'll see if she has time to take a trip south to visit MikeC.

Jeez, lighten up people! It's just a nice picture of a nice bull. Every breed association magazine I've ever seen has a nice picture of nice cattle on the cover. This one is no different. The idea is to show that particular breed in a positive light. It doesn't mean the cattle on the cover are for sale, or that someone is trying to hide their faults, or that there's something shady going on. Heck, we usually don't even know whose cattle it is or where the picture was taken. What's the big deal?

I agree with the majority here. Great cover photo of a good looking bull for a breed publication! They aren't selling the bull, or semen, or a breeder.. just someone taking a GOOD PICTURE.

Doc, you missed the point in my opinion.

Good Grief folks! I think you have all missed my intent on this thread. I merely wanted to use this picture as a method of helping new breeders analyze and judge a bull! That is ALL! No big deal! I was under the impression that these posts were for the education and edification of beef breeders, and the dissemination of information - NOT for the opportunity to ARGUE over specious points!

Nuff said?

DOC HARRIS

well, he isnt black so he must not be worth anything. And he doesnt have that "carcass" look so he would probably grade Select. obviously a futile attempt at cattle breeding.

xbred":361qqg84 said:
MIKE C....is the bull on the cover the same bull pictured on page 37 of the journal??

I couldn't say either way with any degree of certainty.

VanC":1bph6b7b said:
Jeez, lighten up people! It's just a nice picture of a nice bull. Every breed association magazine I've ever seen has a nice picture of nice cattle on the cover. This one is no different. The idea is to show that particular breed in a positive light. It doesn't mean the cattle on the cover are for sale, or that someone is trying to hide their faults, or that there's something shady going on. Heck, we usually don't even know whose cattle it is or where the picture was taken. What's the big deal?
so then just saying "nice picture or good bull' should have been sufficient. ;-)

Doc Harris wrote: NOT for the opportunity to ARGUE over specious points!

So why did you bring up the silly notion that the photographer was being less than "Truthful"?

MikeC":3alnnkkk said:
A few days ago when I got my new Charolais Journal, I was knocked out by the front page photograph.
Congrats to my good friend Floyd Wampler (SE Char Field Director) for the pic. The animal itself is a good representative of the Char breed and the setting of the photo is perfect. Hope you enjoy it at much as I do, and hope it turns out good on your screen.

charcover.jpg

Wow, beautiful picture. I like the dark background with the light colored animal and the splash of the yellow flowers he is standing in really tops it off. I am a lousy photographer so I really appreciate a nice picture. Good cover for the magazine!

He is a cool Bull, I bet from any angle. Looks to me like hes got his workin clothes on. No clip job, no glue, no bleach or tide. Just a great pic of a great char bull in his back yard........ :wave:

Latest posts