Sometimes it's best to just keep your mouth shut.

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie":38mqazfs said:
I have good reason to stay the heck out of bars and honky tonks. Besides I am just plain too old for all of that any more.

Me and you both brother, I used to would fight at the drop of a hat and I would drop the hat.
Now I don't even want to see it much less be in one.

I can get enough bumps and bruises just taking care of cattle.
And the last hangover I had was back in 1992.

Cal

Hangovers ought to deserve its own thread Calman.

I got a really bad story to tell. Actually two stories to tell.

I have had a boring life, Haven't been in a fight since the six grade and that was about 43 years ago.

I remember it well though, I went to sit down on a crowded school bus and a bigger boy than me that was already sitting there slid his butt over real fast and knocked me into the aisle where I landed on my rear. Something snapped, I had him whipped in a second and bent backwards over the seat, the other kids pulled me off because they thought I was going to break his neck.

He grew up to be a bodybuilder that kind of looked like a smaller Arnold Schwartzenegger and I always hoped he never remembered me.

Calman":3pezi9zc said:

Cal

Really??? I haven't been able to keep from having them Cal. What's the secret?? :lol2: :lol2:

danl":10pesdot said:
I have had a boring life, Haven't been in a fight since the six grade and that was about 43 years ago.

There's been a knife in me and another time just a serious cut from one. Looked down the barrel of a gun once. Seems you learned a bit faster than I did. Wanna trade?

TexasBred":11bz2fbi said:
Calman":11bz2fbi said:

Cal

Really??? I haven't been able to keep from having them Cal. What's the secret?? :lol2: :lol2:
When I was in my early 20s I never had hangovers either. I discovered that sobering up was what caused them so I solved that problem by never sobering up.

dun":jiwg37wu said:
TexasBred":jiwg37wu said:
Calman":jiwg37wu said:

Cal

When I was in my early 20s I never had hangovers either. I discovered that sobering up was what caused them so I solved that problem by never sobering up.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: I knew someone would have the answer. Many thanks. :tiphat: I'm outta here. :drink:

Jogeephus":1o7evu2g said:
:lol2: :lol2: I began plans for phase three but this time I did a little planning and by the end of the next day the last one called me and begged me for a truce which I was more than happy to accept cause I was tired and getting pretty stove up. Ironically, the other two weren't so tough when they were alone and I sober.
Waiting for a detailed description of phase three. :shock:

I lived in Houston in the 80's. My brother came down his first summer out of high school. He thought he was Jeremiah Johnson, and truthfully he wasn't off too much.

He drove all night to get down there and I thought I'd take him downtown to show him the big buildings. He got pulled over by Houston's finest, two lady cops. His tag was on the front of the truck and they thought he had no tag. They spotted .22 hulls in his floor board. They asked about them and he said he was shooting bull frogs from his truck. They thought he was smarting off. He worked at a minnow farm and was really shooting bull frogs from his truck.

Well, they jerked us out of the truck and had us spread out and hands on the truck, for about three hours, while they searched that truck for weapons. Searched it three or four times. They found two little Old Timer pocket knives in his pocket. That's all.

They had called back up and two more of Houston's finest stood guard over us with guns drawn. They were on high alert.

We stood there for the entire time, said nothing. Finally I asked, why are you guys acting like this? The one cop closest to me said, don't let you mouth overload your a$$. Me being the dumb smart mouth, said why don't you kiss my a$$? I gritted my teeth and tightened my buttocks waiting for a swift kick that fortunately never came, or maybe even worse. It was Houston.

Finally they holstered their weapons, and started to leave. The one lady cop asked the other lady copy, "Aren't we going to write them a ticket?" She answered, "for what, they haven't done anything." The other then said, "well we had them a long time, we should write them up for something", and threw the two little Old Timers in the truck and asked my brother, "when did you get in town?" he answered, this morning, she asked when he was leaving, "he said right after you let me go."

Latest posts