Sometimes it's best to just keep your mouth shut.

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
Danl's post "crazy people" and the comments reminds me of Colorado Springs.
One time at a bar down town a feller was sitting at the bar and griping about everything under the sun in a very loud voice.
Having just got orders for Nam I was not in a very good mood.
I op-end my mouth and told him I would buy him a drink if he would just shut his mouth.
He agreed and got his drink and drink it not saying another word.
Then after finishing his drink came up behind me sucker punched me and walked out the door still not saying a word.
Knocked me off the beer stool and I could have sworn I had floor burns from sliding across the floor.
And that was the year I had thanksgiving dinner through a straw seeing as how my broken jaw was wired up. :mrgreen:

Cal

Calman":2fe5q1r7 said:
One time at a bar down town a feller was sitting at the bar and griping about everything under the sun in a very loud voice.
I op-end my mouth and told him I would buy him a drink if he would just shut his mouth.
Then after finishing his drink came up behind me sucker punched me and walked out the door still not saying a word.
Knocked me off the beer stool and I could have sworn I had floor burns from sliding across the floor.
And that was the year I had thanksgiving dinner through a straw seeing as how my broken jaw was wired up. :mrgreen:

Cal
Sorry Cal, I didn't mean to hit you that hard. And thanks for the drink.

Isomade":d8gfaqtr said:
Calman":d8gfaqtr said:

Cal
Sorry Cal, I didn't mean to hit you that hard. And thanks for the drink.

:lol:
Cal

I just had to pick on the biggest one in the bar.
He looked like he could have stood flatfooted an shiz in a dump truck. :nod:
Had a yearling to kick me in the shin and crack my shin bone and I don't thank it was near as bad.

Cal

:lol2: :lol2: Least he kept his end of the agreement. That says something for him.

Worse whooping I ever had was when I stood up for a girl's honor after her old boyfriend hit her. I let my mouth blurt out something before I weighed the odds of the outcome of a 165 lb ball of fire going up against three six footers who clocked in at a little better than six hundred pounds. I got a few good licks in, got a liquor bottle busted across the back of my head and after that the punches I received were so frequent and unrelenting that gravity no longer had any effect on me. When I finally found the lovely floor it was a relief to feel the pansy a$$ kicks they gave me. Then during a brief interlude, I was up again and we repeated the whole process once more but this time the kicks were a bit worse and I didn't get up till I knew they were gone. After they left me and I was able to pull my lips out from between my teeth I began plans for phase three but this time I did a little planning and by the end of the next day the last one called me and begged me for a truce which I was more than happy to accept cause I was tired and getting pretty stove up. Ironically, the other two weren't so tough when they were alone and I sober.

Jogeephus":1wuyewmr said:
:lol2: :lol2: Least he kept his end of the agreement. That says something for him.

Worse whooping I ever had was when I stood up for a girl's honor after her old boyfriend hit her. I let my mouth blurt out something before I weighed the odds of the outcome of a 165 lb ball of fire going up against three six footers who clocked in at a little better than six hundred pounds. I got a few good licks in, got a liquor bottle busted across the back of my head and after that the punches I received were so frequent and unrelenting that gravity no longer had any effect on me. When I finally found the lovely floor it was a relief to feel the pansy a$$ kicks they gave me. Then during a brief interlude, I was up again and we repeated the whole process once more but this time the kicks were a bit worse and I didn't get up till I knew they were gone. After they left me and I was able to pull my lips out from between my teeth I began plans for phase three but this time I did a little planning and by the end of the next day the last one called me and begged me for a truce which I was more than happy to accept cause I was tired and getting pretty stove up. Ironically, the other two weren't so tough when they were alone and I sober.

I was at a honky tonk dance one night and watched this little guy get his ass whipped royal and the big guy threw him out and told him not to come back. After about a half hour the little guy walked back in, I was thinking he is going to get killed this time.
The big guy got up and came over to take the little guy out as he got to him the little guy hit him upside the head with a sock full of rock's and laid him out cold. He promptly left, I thought to my self this guy has been going through the parking lot for half an hour looking at rocks going oh yea this is a good one and stuffing that sock.

I never have weighed over 150 in my whole life and grew up thinking I had to prove
that I was just as big and mean as anyone else.
Sometimes it worked and sometimes it backfired.
After several years of broken bones cuts and bruises it sunk in
that I was too little and lite for heavy work.
The problem was it took longer than it should have.

Cal

Calman":2t980pmt said:
I never have weighed over 150 in my whole life and grew up thinking I had to prove
that I was just as big and mean as anyone else.
Sometimes it worked and sometimes it backfired.
After several years of broken bones cuts and bruises it sunk in
that I was too little and lite for heavy work.
The problem was it took longer than it should have.

Cal
Reminds me of when I was in bar in Naples and told a beligerent drunk to go ahead and hit me, can;t recall what I had done to PO him. When I woke up the shore patrol had hauled him off and the bar girls were making a big fuss over me. Decided it wasn;t worth just for the attention. Still have the scar and a white spot that my beard grows in on my chin.

Worst whipping I ever witnessed, a guy got his eye knocked out of his head. The party was never quit as festive after that.

Old friend of mine was drunk and kept sassing off to the sheriff and told him if it wasn't for the badge and the gun he would .... well you know the song. Sheriff pulled the car over and parked behind a grocery store. He took off everything and locked it in the trunk. Uncuffed him and they went at it. After he thoroughly had his butt whooped he was cuffed and carried to the jail and put in the drunk tank for the night. He wore the bruises for about three days but he must have found Jesus that night because to my knowledge he was never a mean drunk ever again and his wife was actually grateful as was he. Don't think you could get away with doing that nowadays. Not saying its wrong.

In my early teens me and two buddies would walk a mile into town and get a couple of six packs of tacos from the new taco bell in town and eat them on the way back to my house. One of my buddies dad was a niners fan and it was when they were winning so we all had SF hats on and my buddy was wearing an SF jacket.
We had to walk through the "bad" part of town to get to the taco bell and one day the raider nation kids pulled up on their bikes in force, I'm talking fifteen pre-teen wanabee gangbangers, and started giving us crap about the jacket.
Finally one of my buddies asked just what was so wrong with the niners that everyone had such a problem with them and this one scrawny little Mexican kid said "they're just to WHITE" and all those kids started cheering and doing mc hammer dance moves.
I was by far the smallest guy in my band of three but I had/have the biggest mouth. My buddies had the most horrified looks on their faces when I replied very sarcasticly, "OHHHH, so THAAAT's why they win ALLLLL the time!"
They were on us like stink on $hit. We held our own well enough that the cops got called on US.

Went walking up to a bar door in Chicken, Alaska with a 'friend" on a Saturday night. He kicked the door open and loudly shouts out "is there a man amongst you or are you all Alaskans." As I recall there were about 14 people in the bar and apparently they were all men who were pretty proud of the fact that they were Alaskans. The results weren't pretty.

I have good reason to stay the heck out of bars and honky tonks. Besides I am just plain too old for all of that any more.

cow pollinater":36bbw2sx said:
In my early teens me and two buddies would walk a mile into town and get a couple of six packs of tacos from the new taco bell in town and eat them on the way back to my house. One of my buddies dad was a niners fan and it was when they were winning so we all had SF hats on and my buddy was wearing an SF jacket.
We had to walk through the "bad" part of town to get to the taco bell and one day the raider nation kids pulled up on their bikes in force, I'm talking fifteen pre-teen wanabee gangbangers, and started giving us crap about the jacket.
Finally one of my buddies asked just what was so wrong with the niners that everyone had such a problem with them and this one scrawny little Mexican kid said "they're just to WHITE" and all those kids started cheering and doing mc hammer dance moves.
I was by far the smallest guy in my band of three but I had/have the biggest mouth. My buddies had the most horrified looks on their faces when I replied very sarcasticly, "OHHHH, so THAAAT's why they win ALLLLL the time!"
They were on us like stink on $hit. We held our own well enough that the cops got called on US.
you know what a mezcan and a cue ball have in common? the harder you hit em, the more english you get out of em...

Latest posts